• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Big Al Good Mojo thread

OLIE J

Good to hear.

Hang in there Big Al. I pray for you, (and your family) often.

Hurry up and get back in here on the forum. The place ain't the same without you!:eek:la

duaneflowers

With the news so full of this Covidcrud 24/7 it really is refreshing to get some (damn) good news for a change. Its the proverbial sunshine on a cloudy day and I must say it was extremely lifting! Perpetual prayers and good wishes out to you Big Al. :hank

J.D.

It is all about desire and wanting to remain a 'part-of'- what's the point in continued existence if it's nothing but self pity? Good stuff Big Al.
/Quote

Amen. Cherish every day. None of us knows when our time is up. Make the best of your situation, whatever that is.

Tim

Al, I hope you're doing well and are out of the crippling pain!

renderit

Get yo azz back on here dude!

Stat!

Newbies needin' WTF'n.

Hell, Oldbies needin' WTF'n!

I'm gonna start a thread aboot FIJI hog bein' "Striped Skunk Bait" pretty soon...

Scott L

Time to reflect on the good things...

MGzp44PFoR4hGqs8FKszlGv0-7bqIGAzrDf0unOCioX1LJ_t3upNvMjdXyMMYNZYd-lu4Vza_8WAgcoyMaYQekI3vkklFYavC9uT9WatbvUoIJOBI_eWCFaTUH5n8HIXUY97t6XV98XlJn2fCAl_CH6K365HjWCUhXGBu7ugZnkZH8uT7GVzAeq77tf787sLU5CoxASe2tZG0Dg2SfJmKGnjlnVqNv30qDEBZ-eFkoyL8UnL2uACuajjHZJRo73vRiwAL5ybqY4sj5ItthdHO77KxbG2ESod7iJPYDFAcUVa0ZJ4O_gKKVjuAGlz-lilwM3li_1z1wNNBj22X2aywDLUQVJZ7QzBHt89HmP0yntwCKDlIzmViB3Qqdv8F-S01d3lcGG56gsN4wPL4ExJzNaK1ekOD1r6QofanuuUznp0nw5ESR1btjlwNAlawa7beC6EVTRiqMm-Qsw27W1T47xNURRnLMMQgy0Qfu6dHo6W4Pitu-FPBPvAVin0Cym58ffuzW_WTEiU7ADO2dLDduL04gOoHZKPBso6f-v1_cg6o-psj-ekVPvsPmxWxktckJM0fJOSXKTUQ0YNY3mc12oyX_iYutFG3-z8YlZXLdmxSjsVUCURQWWHu3koSeK6E_Y41Qn_53WjwSii0FqaAZ-v3WWxf7XNCW9xGwGjeit8hFrG179yB36dhAQtDe4cvc-oU-R-78jjx-MrUPuT6MsNhJGfpIcisdu9hWyLx8TXPQVD3wNCP4U=w2246-h1263-no

CoyotesGator

OK.

It has reached that time.

AL! WTF! AL! WTF!

Please don’t make me post pointy Norlin things.
You wouldn’t like me when I post pointy Norlin things.

:spabout

Dave P

I haven't been on the forum much in the last year or so, I missed what has been going on with Big Al. I went back and read what was going on and it broke my heart. :( I hope for the best outcome from a horrible situation. Stay strong Big Al.

ourmaninthenorth

I'm really happy to hear Al's still in the game. Sterling work from Corpse on the updates, truly sterling.

I'll be really bloody delighted when I hear it from the man himself....

Give time, time.

:salude

brandtkronholm

B'bam!
And just like that he's back.
Ok everybody, sit up straight and pay attention!

Welcome back!

:yah

Big Al

Thanks. I aint dead yet and that is the only good news. I'm beat. No wins this time. Please leave it at that, I'm not dealing very well with everything and just have had enough.

shred

Hey Big Al...

Strange times we’re living in huh? It’s been awhile... Haven’t been around lately, but wishing you all the best in your personal fight —-not to mention just this weird reality we all suddenly find ourselves in... I wish things could be different but... Keep fighting bro...

Last edited:

corpse

Al is muddling on- I spoke to him last week and healthwise not good at all. I am going to go visit him in early Sept. His only relief is talking gear and talking about Nick and Kathy. Oh- and fishing. He is trying to retool his life- and find some things he can put his intense energy into.
But he will have no sympathy- and wants everyone to "go do it yourself".
Big Al story of the week- I hope nobody here was on the business end of this one.
He had his very favorite 2000 R9 at the HOG (about 2012)- it has been played extensively- wore extensively. He had been recording some spots and brought it in for some reason. An inspired but inexperienced LP lover asked Al "man, who did the aging on that- is that a HM?" Al let him play it a bit. "Man those PAF's are killer (read 57 Classics)"... "the aging is out of this world who did it?"- Big Al "I did". "Man, can you do one for me?". Big Al- "Yea, I will need the guitar for a year though"...