• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Big Al Good Mojo thread

Y

yeti

I'm out of Gibby pics but I think my TuT Taylor Tennessean has lots of mojo, whaddya think, Big Al?
Hope you're doing well, bro!
TTT-front.jpg

shred

I don't know about Big Al, but I love it :dude:

Thanks for posting her Yeti :salude

Big Al

Thank you all so much. It has been hard but good vibes really help a fella feel better about life. Any one who knows me well, knows how much I love the love you all have shared with me over the gear we love. I have never looked down on anyones babies. I always see something so cool in each of them, mostly the esteem and pride of the owners who have shared them. Much like a persons playing, they are all unique and so cool. Ain't it neat we have such wonderful gear to express ourselves in our own unique way? There hasn't been one yet that has failed to perk me up.

shred

Here's a four gun R9 salute for Big Al! Basically four identical playing/sounding guitars with different tops...

DSCF1767.jpg

DSCF1787.jpg

DSCF1788.jpg

DSCF1819.jpg

Last edited:

MikeSlub

Administrator
Big Al, a photo from your hero Joe B.'s visit to the Sanctuary, playing my '59 Burst. It was a glorious day! :)

joe1.jpg

D'Mule

Yeah, that picture with Joe is killer, Mike. That guitar looks brand new (except for the tuners and dirty plastic)!

Seriously, though, is the top still so shiny and color saturated, even though it looks like the fingerboard has seen some significant play wear?

mbowen

Here you go Big Al i will be posting this pretty hard to find LP Jr with a factory white guard and knobs tomorrow.These guitars were made for the 1950's Trade Show {today Namm Show}and i have only seen 3 others .This one is a 1957 and this is the first shot of it posted here in your thread.I hope you like JR's,and it brings a smile in these hard times.Thanks Mike B.
DSC01471_zps32bb4d25.jpg

Last edited:

Big Al

Ooooo I like the Jrs! Nothing growls like a P90 Jr!! Joe is indeed my hero and a mighty fine man and new pal. The BAD COCONUTS came about when a rather exuberent (Jamacan) forum member, who's name I forget, ( think carribean Stock Hippy), posted that abortive attempt at moding a righty too lefty, as his ideal Les Paul . I said he must have ingested some bad coconuts to believe that. Actually the simularities to Stock Hippy are kinda spooky now that I think of it.

Ad_02Std

There are too many sunburst Les Pauls in this thread in the Sunburst Pub on the Les Paul Forum!

Here's an SG instead.

SGJunior1cropped_zps38bdeeea.jpg