• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Big Al Good Mojo thread

shred

I am losing this fight. I was dropped from the Cancer Study at Roswel because I was bleeding too much and it was killing me faster than the C. I must have impressed the Doctor though, as he is still treating me off study. He told me I fight harder than any patient he's had and make him and the staff laugh with my bad jokes and up looking attitude.

So I remain on the Sutent drug. I am off the others, still I take many doses of many hard ass meds thoughout the days. My life at this point is measured by pill bottles. It has been hard, for sure, but dealing with a terminal condition is a mind fuck.

I was supposed to be dead by now.
Oops, sorry guy's I never was good at supposed to be's.

I'm not going easy. I know I can't beat this, but I will be damned if I let it beat me. Being fiesty on the forum helps me feel present. People remember the those that wind them up.

What absolutely brutal news :dang

I'm so sorry Big Al... Hang in there and keep posting the Big Al gospel to the sheeple... You have a whole forum on your side... Stay strong :yah

IMG_3053-1.jpg

J T

Big Al, Glad you stopped in for a little while.

Can we have a :bigal ?

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
Just found this thread again today.

Completely odd that I had a dream last night with you in it.

I was out somewhere (Big club with live music) with my wife and I ran into you. She was wondering who the fuck I was talking to this time—it's always someone she has no clue or connection to. So I told her it was the guy on the "guitar geek forum" with the "WTF"s and such. She knew right you were the tough smartass guy with a great sense of humor and a big heart.

BTW: Big Al is on the LPF CD. With permission I could link to it.

:bigal
bigal.gif
bigal.gif

Pat Boyack

I don't know if you believe or not Al, but prayers sent your way.....

Last edited:

shred

Just found this thread again today.

Completely odd that I had a dream last night with you in it.

I was out somewhere (Big club with live music) with my wife and I ran into you. She was wondering who the fuck I was talking to this time—it's always someone she has no clue or connection to. So I told her it was the guy on the "guitar geek forum" with the "WTF"s and such. She knew right you were the tough smartass guy with a great sense of humor and a big heart.

BTW: Big Al is on the LPF CD. With permission I could link to it.

bigal.gif
bigal.gif

Cool Wilko :salude

Hopefully Big Al will chime in regarding the LPF CD. I'd love to check that out :2cool

kharrison

I'm going through a rough time myself right now. Big Al..... YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION. You are helping others like you wouldn't imagine. You are in my prayers.

Kris Ford

I'm going through a rough time myself right now. Big Al..... YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION. You are helping others like you wouldn't imagine. You are in my prayers.
Hang in there King..and Big Al..Your true bros will always be here for you..:yah

Big Al

Brother I'm so sorry to hear that. You ever wanna talk email me. If I can help in anyway, ask.

We are strong though. I suspect maybe more than others know. I'm OK. I will remain the essential me that I am. I get a wee bit down and start feeling all sorry for myself but I get over it and get real. I hope you do too. We remain beyond whatever we may lose through illness, age or circumstance. We each are unique entities, spirits of will. We all are greater than the sum of are parts, and losing part does not diminish us.

Now, listening too my cut on the forum CD, might diminish anyones spirit. It is an audience recorded video tape audio track from the recorders built in mic. I was sitting in and the guy was right in front of my amp, so the guitar is loud in the mix. Vocals are embarrassing IMO, and I suspect it was included on the CD too make the other cuts shine. It's honest. It's live and off the cuff. It's also just for shits and giggles and never done for recording.

Still, no one is missing anything with this. I HAVE GOOD DAYS. I still can play my ass off on good days. I get Sexual Tyranosaur Tone!!!! On my good days I'm on fire, and I fire up some tubes and play all day.

So the state of the B.A. is OK. I am progressing through this thing, as best I can. And I'll fuck up and cry and moan, oh woe is poor old me, boo flippin boo hoo!!!
Don't fret. It's just the blues, as always temporary in my experience.

You guys have all (well not all, there are some knuckleheads), been helpful too me. In ways you'll never know. :salude :dude: :bigal :hank

goldtop0

Keep doin' the good stuff Al......you can't kill weeds(so it's said):)

Aloha_Mark

The C-word can be very scary. It makes you look back and wonder how? Why me? Don't look back with regrets. Remember the optimistic guy who got on stage the first time, and played with all his heart? Don't worry about the guitars you purchased through the years, and their impact on your finances. They were fun, and had you not done that, your life would be less interesting. To experience life you have to live, and try various things, even drugs, travel, and some internet forums. It's what keeps you alive. One last word of advice, let your body rest when it's weary. A shrink once told me to make the best use of horizontal time. I thought she was referring to two people doing the horizontal, but a nap on your own time can also rejuvenate your spirits.

Triplet

When I was having similar issues, I compensated with 4-6 longnecks everynight and a big plate of tater-tots. In hindsight, I shoulda rethought the tater-tots.... :hee

Texsunburst59

This is for you Al. I don't hang out at this forum too much because I don't have a lot of "Elite" top Les Paul's that a lot of the guys on here have. I do have 3 nice top LP's and 1 battle bruised and scared '77 Wine LP Deluxe I rescued from a pawnshop. I had been there in it's torn to hell guitar case and it lay in the case with a broken neck. NO ONE wanted her, but I felt the need to give her a home and have the neck repaired. By the look of her she was used extensively for years and you can tell by the beaten she's taken she's been through a lot. Anyway because you're going through all this, I thought you'd like to see a survivor that everyone gave up on. Hang in there Al .

The Before:

2013-02-05_16-38-40_509_zpse53379b5.jpg

05bf33fa-ae36-4541-9ab4-63363203c3c4_zps0f9b43be.jpg

2013-02-05_16-44-13_669_zps61544b19.jpg

2013-02-05_16-39-48_350_zpsccd56ab9.jpg

2013-02-05_16-39-22_216_zpseb451a56.jpg

The After:

2013-05-18_11-16-16_848_zps77dd49df.jpg

2013-05-18_11-20-55_792_zps56624dae.jpg

12545742124_00a20ac9b0_h.jpg

12545840004_a1eb514e8e_b.jpg

12545493443_34925fb9b9_b.jpg

Last edited:

shred

Awesome resurrection... And with the original minis :dude:

L.A.Man

Well this knucklehead has learned,laughed,and discussed guitars with no one more REAL than you Big Al.

Although I have poked you a couple of times, I could not have had more fun doing so. (You know I try to get a rise out of you on purpose occasionally)

You inspire truth, and make others explain their view, not just chant the rants of the"sheeple"

Keep swinging my friend, I would expect nothing less.

kharrison

Brother I'm so sorry to hear that. You ever wanna talk email me. If I can help in anyway, ask.

We are strong though. I suspect maybe more than others know. I'm OK. I will remain the essential me that I am. I get a wee bit down and start feeling all sorry for myself but I get over it and get real. I hope you do too. We remain beyond whatever we may lose through illness, age or circumstance. We each are unique entities, spirits of will. We all are greater than the sum of are parts, and losing part does not diminish us.

Now, listening too my cut on the forum CD, might diminish anyones spirit. It is an audience recorded video tape audio track from the recorders built in mic. I was sitting in and the guy was right in front of my amp, so the guitar is loud in the mix. Vocals are embarrassing IMO, and I suspect it was included on the CD too make the other cuts shine. It's honest. It's live and off the cuff. It's also just for shits and giggles and never done for recording.

Still, no one is missing anything with this. I HAVE GOOD DAYS. I still can play my ass off on good days. I get Sexual Tyranosaur Tone!!!! On my good days I'm on fire, and I fire up some tubes and play all day.

So the state of the B.A. is OK. I am progressing through this thing, as best I can. And I'll fuck up and cry and moan, oh woe is poor old me, boo flippin boo hoo!!!
Don't fret. It's just the blues, as always temporary in my experience.

You guys have all (well not all, there are some knuckleheads), been helpful too me. In ways you'll never know. :salude :dude: :bigal :hank
:yah

Mitchell

Kool,, but sad mountain lion story..

I just heard the other day that a mountain lion was hit and killed by a car somewhere out by New York.
Get this,, it had a tag and had been tagged with a code as "cub" that was tagged in the Black Hills of South Dakota!
I do not know how old it was..?
Now that's some traveling for personal territory.... :yah

jrgtr42

This is for you Al. I don't hang out at this forum too much because I don't have a lot of "Elite" top Les Paul's that a lot of the guys on here have. I do have 3 nice top LP's and 1 battle bruised and scared '77 Wine LP Deluxe I rescued from a pawnshop. I had been there in it's torn to hell guitar case and it lay in the case with a broken neck. NO ONE wanted her, but I felt the need to give her a home and have the neck repaired. By the look of her she was used extensively for years and you can tell by the beaten she's taken she's been through a lot. Anyway because you're going through all this, I thought you'd like to see a survivor that everyone gave up on. Hang in there Al .

The Before:

12545840004_a1eb514e8e_b.jpg

12545493443_34925fb9b9_b.jpg

Those are the ones I dig - with plenty of honest play wear.
You they've been played and loved...
I even don't mind a neck break if it's priced accordingly...