• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Big Al Good Mojo thread

shred

Thanks for posting so many amazing guitars guys... Great stuff :salude

shred

Check these 2001 time machine posts from this thread...

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406

We all miss Big Al. I hope he decides to come back some day.

I am not glad Al is gone, we'd get some great banter going back and forth sometimes, but I'm glad that he's playing more now. I saw him sit in with a band a couple months ago, and he is not your average picker! Imagine how good he'll sound with his own band that he jams with all the time...

If you let it, this place can drain a lot of time that you could be PLAYING a guitar instead of TALKING about playing.

Big Al is the geatest man that ever lived!!!
Well maybe not the greatest because there was Evil Keneivel and he was pretty great. And of course we can't forget Eule Gibbons (Uncle of Billy) and finally last but not least Tiny Tim. Big Al is right below those three though.

In all seriousness Big Al and I penpal often. We talk about guitars, blues and my favorite idiots in the world (well just one know it all idiot in particular). BA is doing well keeping busy with the above mentioned. He also just played acoustic National Slide Guitar for a live broadcast with Shawkela Copeland ( the late John Copelands daughter) She is gonna be HUGE in the
Blues world BA tells me and I believe him!!!!! For those that don't know John Copeland (I didn't before BA edified me) Johnny Copeland was a major Black Blues guitar dude. His most famous
album was a joint effort with Robert Cray and Albert Collins. It's called "SHOWDOWN".

Even though Big Al is no longer with us his spirit is. Anytime anyone mentions P90s he is the first thing that pops in my mind.

:2cool

Last edited:

JJC

Here's a cheerful SG to hopefully make you smile.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Big Al.
Your pal,
EE

P1030169.jpg

I like the Danelectro and (what appears to be) Rickenbacker bass in the background too.

JJC

If ya should pass, Brother Al, would ya like this to be a sticky
or jus' keep it a reg'lar thread, runnin'? :hmm

I'm trying to figure out what would make someone commit this to a post.

fadman

I dont know Big AL but would just like to pass on best wishes from UK

Direstraits

Big Al, I'm another fan of your particular style of wit & wisdom & have enjoyed reading your posts more than any others. (The Bonamassa thread is a classic !) . I sincerely hope that you beat this and hang around to burst egos & debunk myths for years to come. :dude:

Here's my offering: "Plain Jane". She's a '07 Studio fitted with Antiquities, and although she can't compete on looks she can hold her own sonically.

8605504361_11ea739870_b.jpg

FretsAlot

Happy Easter Big Al from my... family.

From left to right...
Jr - '04? Not a custom shop or reissue
'57ri - '04 - my #1
'76 sandwich body Custom w/ duncan '59's - Big Bertha (10+ lbs) - she's been with me since the early 80's.

Cousin Stevie(RV) snuck into the photo. Never thought I'd own a strat cuz I hadn't ever picked one up that I felt comfortable with and enjoyed the tone. Bought this '95 used. I'm not a logo guy, so to this day I am still a little embarassed to own a fanboy guitar, but I couldn't dispute that it's the only strat that ever felt good in my hands.

all_of_em_r25.jpg

For those of you who may be wondering, yes that is still the plastic protection sticker on the Jr's pickguard. I've got a quirk about sometimes not removing that type of stuff from products. I've left it on since new, don't know why, just... cuz.

Fretsalot/Scott

Last edited:
K

Kim R

B.A.,

Check your mail, Bubba. Many chapters left to write, even while the plot may change.

Kim

ZZ Not

Big Al,

I have enjoyed your wit and wisdom immensely through the years. Sending some good mojo your way and hope you enjoy the pic of my '99 R9. Stay strong, brother!

11.jpg

mbowen

Here's some fiddleback for you Big Al. We are all pulling for you. Stay strong....

Bw-DzuQWkKGrHqYOKioEwQ1L-nhpBMLYhO3.jpg
Nice a Maple body Jr a 1954 i would think.Yeti that is why it did not look like mahogany, it is a 1954 maple body jr. I used to have a maple body 1954 early JR.Nice fiddleback for Big Al.Mike B.

moonweasel

Hey Al,

You know, I am FOREVER hooked on "Cant You Hear Me Knockin". Was only vaguely aware of it before you mentioned it the other day. My Sticky Fingers cd came in the mail yesterday.

THANK YOU

Y

yeti

Nice a Maple body Jr a 1954 i would think.Yeti that is why it did not look like mahogany, it is a 1954 maple body jr. I used to have a maple body 1954 early JR.Nice fiddleback for Big Al.Mike B.

Thanks, Mike
I didn't know those existed. How's the weight and does it sound different (i would think it would)?

shred

Beautiful guitars & pics... Special thanks to EE :dude:

Please keep posting your guitars and good wishes for Big Al to enjoy when he drops by :jim

tuberide