The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Original Collection GT w/P90s

2019 Original Collection GT with P90s...9.5 lbs, pleked, 59ish neck, nice medium to dark rosewood board and sounds terrific. Payed under 2k shipped to my front door, IMO these are a big win for Gibson.

Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar

Re: Original Collection GT w/P90s

Great looking guitar !!
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

The myth :The most disturbing thing about buying a fake Les Paul is how my research after the purchase is received by Forum members ??? 2020

The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

The Myth: If I would have lived with MOM & mooched till I was 48 I would play like Clapton !
    Think about it
    won't you ...... Please !

Quote Originally Posted by AA00475Bassman View Post
    Great looking guitar !!
    somebody on another forum said, 'it's hard to out sexy a Les Paul.' kinda true and the gold tops just hold up to time don't they.

Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar

Yes timeless & these new USA guitars are the best guitars to come out of Gibson to date IMO they are really fantastic !!!
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

The myth :The most disturbing thing about buying a fake Les Paul is how my research after the purchase is received by Forum members ??? 2020

The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

The Myth: If I would have lived with MOM & mooched till I was 48 I would play like Clapton !
    Think about it
    won't you ...... Please !

Les Paul Forum Member Texas Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post
    2019 Original Collection GT with P90s...9.5 lbs, pleked, 59ish neck, nice medium to dark rosewood board and sounds terrific. Payed under 2k shipped to my front door, IMO these are a big win for Gibson.

That guitar is begging for a Bigsby.

Holly smokes. Iíve been eyeing one of those and yours is absolutely beautiful. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Blues View Post
    Just wanted to say i checked out your music...just terrific! Love your V and your playing and singing are really tasty, your fan, dale.

Quote Originally Posted by pqs View Post
    Holly smokes. Iíve been eyeing one of those and yours is absolutely beautiful. Congrats.
    thanks so much for checking this out!

Wow, congrats! I'm a big fan of P-90s, but oddly never have had a GT, not even the Epi version.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Wow, congrats! I'm a big fan of P-90s, but oddly never have had a GT, not even the Epi version.
    you know...you could fix that and if you do we'll need pics!

you know...you could fix that and if you do we'll need pics!
    Well, the price on yours is probably double the max of what I've spent on a guitar to date! That, and I'm kinda running out of room here at Casa Krashpad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Well, the price on yours is probably double the max of what I've spent on a guitar to date! That, and I'm kinda running out of room here at Casa Krashpad.

what! Oh my...i'm still processing this:-/

new pic...

I'd grab one while it's HOT !!!!
    Old WOOD Is Good WOOD !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trans-Am View Post
    I'd grab one while it's HOT !!!!
    indeed

Here's mine:

I aged all the metal and plastic. I also swapped out the bridge pickup magnets to A8 and A4. Really balanced out the bridge and fattened it up as well.

The original collection guitars are some of the best Gibson has put out in years. I also bought a 2019 SG Special with P90's. Simly awesome.

But it goes to ELEVEN !!

Quote Originally Posted by Coachmoe View Post
    Here's mine:

I aged all the metal and plastic. I also swapped out the bridge pickup magnets to A8 and A4. Really balanced out the bridge and fattened it up as well.

The original collection guitars are some of the best Gibson has put out in years. I also bought a 2019 SG Special with P90's. Simly awesome.

sounds like some great mods! love the pic - thanks!

another pic..

sounds like some great mods! love the pic - thanks!
    THANK YOU sir!
    But it goes to ELEVEN !!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Blues View Post
    Thank the Lord for the fine folks at Vibramate. I've mutated most of mine with Bigsby Whambulators for wiggle stick wobbliness.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Thank the Lord for the fine folks at Vibramate. I've mutated most of mine with Bigsby Whambulators for wiggle stick wobbliness.
    sounds very cool!

OK, I'll take it as a given that the guitar is cool. But the thing I can't get past is the awesome collection of Calton touring cases!

sounds very cool!
    It really is. Simple install, no drilling holes and 100% reversible. I like Bigsby's and know how to use 'em. Vibramate unleashed my wigglestick tendencies!
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    It really is. Simple install, no drilling holes and 100% reversible. I like Bigsby's and know how to use 'em. Vibramate unleashed my wigglestick tendencies!
    thanks for the info..seriously going to check it out. I also think the ascetic of a Les Paul w/Bigsby is very cool. I thought it was a cool bit of guitar gear info that Ted McCarty after leaving Gibson bought the Bigsby Corp and owned it until his death. I had the privilege to meet Mr. McCarty and was so impressed by his humility. What a legacy he leaves behind.

Nice GT... Enjoy...

I agree that this series is a big win for Gibson, and anyone who wants a particular model that they might not buy at Custom Shop prices. For me, that would be an Explorer, which I'm seriously considering...
    Stop by and get reacquainted with The all NEW Fender Forum

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    Nice GT... Enjoy...

I agree that this series is a big win for Gibson, and anyone who wants a particular model that they might not buy at Custom Shop prices. For me, that would be an Explorer, which I'm seriously considering...

I wanted a gold top, which i haven't had for about 20 years or more, and these were in a price i could justify and the guitar passed my expectations.

I've never owned an Explorer...i can do without a V or Moderne but the Explorer just 'speaks' to me. The 2019 model got me, love the color, love the nickle hardware and the price was good IMO. I got one and i honestly haven't put it down - it's so cool! Here's a couple pics of my 2019 and a link to a thread we have going here.

Last edited by maplebaby; 12-03-19 at 10:10 AM.

I wanted a gold top, which i haven't had for about 20 years or more, and these were in a price i could justify and the guitar passed my expectations.

I've never owned an Explorer...i can do without a V or Modern but the Explorer just 'speaks' to me. The 2019 model got me, love the color, love the nickle hardware and the price was good IMO. I got one and i honestly haven't put it down - it's so cool! Here's a couple pics of my 2019 and a link to a thread we have going here.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Is that Explorer from the Original Collection series? I WANT ONE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Is that Explorer from the Original Collection series? I WANT ONE!!!

yes sir! I took it to Nashville with me on a visit and dropped it off at Joe Glaser's shop to just let them adjust it. They were excited to see a 'new' Gibson. I went to the Nash zoo and came back at the end of the day and they said really the guitar didn't need anything - it was set up very well. That said volumes to me - Glaser's shop is highly respected and in Nashville that pretty strong.

They are PLEKED - the pickups sound amazing and you can play all the way up the neck so easily. The neck feels like none i've had and i love it! It balances great on your lap and with strap - i honestly LOVE mine, i like just looking at it on at stand! Oh you'll need a hanging stand if you don't have one

If you make a home for one i'd LOVE to see it.

I have no affiliation with any music store but i'd recommend giving Eddie's in St Louis a call if you see one in their inventory. Make them a decent offer and see what happens

yes sir! I took it to Nashville with me on a visit and dropped it off at Joe Glaser's shop to just let them adjust it. They were excited to see a 'new' Gibson. I went to the Nash zoo and came back at the end of the day and they said really the guitar didn't need anything - it was set up very well. That said volumes to me - Glaser's shop is highly respected and in Nashville that pretty strong.

They are PLEKED - the pickups sound amazing and you can play all the way up the neck so easily. The neck feels like none i've had and i love it! It balances great on your lap and with strap - i honestly LOVE mine, i like just looking at it on at stand! Oh you'll need a hanging stand if you don't have one

If you make a home for one i'd LOVE to see it.

I have no affiliation with any music store but i'd recommend giving Eddie's in St Louis a call if you see one in their inventory. Make them a decent offer and see what happens

Thanks Dale.

I just checked Eddie's site. They don't have one at the moment. I'm gonna call Wildwood and see what they can do. I really want one of these...

Les Paul Forum Member waynesmith's Avatar

These are outstanding guitars. Gibson really hit it out of the park with the "Original Collection". I love that P90 honk

82222475_2757641907607540_5350439858131173376_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by waynesmith View Post
    These are outstanding guitars. Gibson really hit it out of the park with the "Original Collection". I love that P90 honk

82222475_2757641907607540_5350439858131173376_o.jpg
    congrats on your new GT! Thanks for sharing a pic...looks fantastic!