• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

ER-Custom specs?

Roe

any update on the new model (and on the p90s)?

Is it a 7k6/8k4 set wound on the 102 machine with short A5 magnets? how does it compare to the 101+ and the dt-102?

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
any update on the new model (and on the p90s)?

Is it a 7k6/8k4 set wound on the 102 machine with short A5 magnets? how does it compare to the 101+ and the dt-102?

The specs. for the ER-Custom MXV P.A.F. set are 7.9K neck and 8.3K bridge with short A5 magnets in neck and bridge. All coils are wound on the Leesona 102. Tonally this set is a hotter version of the DT-102 but with short A5 magnets. This set has a fat, punchy, mid dominant tone that I really love in my 67' ES-335. They also sound great in a Les Paul. Collings has been ordering these regularly as an upgrade option for their electrics.

The P-90's are set to go other than the web site checkout. I'm in the office today doing the final photography and will start work on the site this week.

Roe

thanks for the detailed response. how would you compare the ER-Customs to the 101+?

TM1

Sounds like just the thing for my ES-339 Jon... Cool!
I'm guessing that the "ER" stands for Extended Range??
Regards; Don

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
thanks for the detailed response. how would you compare the ER-Customs to the 101+?

The SLE-101 Plus set has a more detailed low end than the ER-Custom MXV set.

but the ER-Custom MXV set has a punchier tone that translates to more apparent output. The ER-Custom set is a little beefier and fatter toned and the SLE-101 Plus set has a slightly snappier tone and feel. Both sets have great mids.

MapleFlame

but the ER-Custom MXV set has a punchier tone that translates to more apparent output. The ER-Custom set is a little beefier and fatter toned and the SLE-101 Plus set has a slightly snappier tone and feel. Both sets have great mids.

Jon have you tried any of your P90's in your Old Wood.

TM1

I have Steve! Sounds spectacular!! Tried them in my `59 Special and two Melody Makers.
As well, I had an original `59 set of P-90's in my R-4. They sounded pretty good, but the Throbak `52/`53 set sounds better

Roe

thanks, I'm saving up money for two sets for two tokais

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor

I copied the sets in my 52' and 56' lp's. I dropped the the ThroBak 52'/54' set in my 52' LP and it sounds great. I have a 54' re-neck that is headed to paint and that will get a set of the 52'/54' ThroBak P-90's when it comes back.

I'm working on the web site this week and I'll post here when everything is on the site. I'm really happy with how the P-90's came together. I could have released them a year ago but there were a few details that could only be addressed by another round of custom USA made magnets and a vintage modified baseplate that keeps the mass and inductance profile of the vintage baseplate but is modified to assure it will fit with all production P-90 Historics.

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
Will the ER-Custom appear at the throbak webpage soon?

I will have a custom page up pretty soon. The ER-Custom set is available for order, just email me and I will send a paypal invoice with the specs. spelled out.