• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Red Thread: Factory Red Gibsons from the Golden Era

cfh

epis2.jpg

JimR56

No offense, but I think we're getting a little off-track here. Love the 330, but cherry was a standard finish on those. If you look at the OP, this topic was originally intended for custom/unusual/rare examples of red finishes on Gibsons. I honestly love looking at things like that 330 too, but this thread could get pretty diluted if all red Gibsons were included.

tuberide

No offense, but I think we're getting a little off-track here. Love the 330, but cherry was a standard finish on those. If you look at the OP, this topic was originally intended for custom/unusual/rare examples of red finishes on Gibsons. I honestly love looking at things like that 330 too, but this thread could get pretty diluted if all red Gibsons were included.

oops....:rolleyes:

JimR56

Found a better photo of the previously-posted '60 L5CES Custom that was sold at Skinner's awhile back:

60L5CESred2_zps7c4d6382.png

Also, a '60 Byrdland:

60Byrdlandred2_zps4afcd035.png

And the original prototype L5CT, originally owned by George Gobel:

58L5CTproto2_zps13a5634a.png

captaincanada

Oh my god! Thanks for your stunning contributions JimR56!
And thanks to everyone else for contributing! cfh, I especially dig that Firebird with the black P-90s.

Frutiger

Found a better photo of the previously-posted '60 L5CES Custom that was sold at Skinner's awhile back:

60L5CESred2_zps7c4d6382.png

Also, a '60 Byrdland:

60Byrdlandred2_zps4afcd035.png

And the original prototype L5CT, originally owned by George Gobel:

58L5CTproto2_zps13a5634a.png

Amazing post!

JimR56

Amazing post!

Thanks. I kind of surprised myself... I'm not known for being too computer-savvy, but I pulled off a little trick with those photos. The site where I found them had all the auction info in pdf form, so there wasn't a url for each photo that I could link to. The photos weren't very large, so I enlarged the page in my browser, then rotated them 90 degrees to take advantage of the width of the screen, then used my Mac's "screen shot" function to take snapshots of each one and copy the enlargements to my desktop. I cropped each one in the Preview app, then I uploaded them back onto the web, and voila.