• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Good Free Online Lessons!

juniorspecial

All Access/Backstage Pass
This guy has posted videos of himself playing many many popular classic rock songs. Stones, Zep, Beatles, etc. He does a really good job, and his playing seems really accurate.

I think this is a much better way to learn than trying to de-code tabs.

I don't know the guy, I have no idea who he is, or where he lives. But, I highly recommend checking out his youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/privettricker

dc007

Been subscribing to him for a while....a young man with great taste in music

I have watched this guy. He doesn't do a lot of note by note lead stuff. You need an ear to pick it up but you can also slow him down to half speed on chrome you tube. I noticed he is not 100% accurate. (Don't make the mistake of questioning him like I did he got pissed) but he has a pretty good ear and he does a great job of getting the song down quickly and fairly accurately. He also chooses great songs. Definitely worth checking out.

herb

I have seen much better. His rhythm work is weak, his ear needs improvement, he does not give you note for note lessons and does not explain much of what's going on in the song but if you're looking for a rough sketch he's okay. By reading some comments the guy seems to have a bit of an attitude. I think people want more exact lessons on Utube and he's not giving them.

On the plus side, I'll give it to him that he does cover some pretty good songs.

What complels someone to go through all the time and effort to make these Utube lessons? They don't get paid for them, do they?

Last edited:

Django2014

I've always liked Guitar Lessons 365 for online lessons, I learned Cliffs of Dover off one of his videos

pedalmetal

Bumping an old thread, sorry ;) For free lessons I love Justin Guitar.

Recently signed up for Guitar Tricks though after reading about some of the best online guitar lesson options in this piece. GT is fantastic thus far. I've been on a plateau forever, and I'm already seeing progress. YouTube lessons weren't quite structured enough for me... unless I'm missing some fantastic free resource? Video lessons, preferably.

Last edited:

Freddie88

Sorry to resurrect a old topic... but... it is relevant haha.

I have just started teaching myself guitar, well with the help of youtube but really not finding it easy! I have actually been looking at getting some formal training but stuck between getting online guitar lessons or finding a teacher locally. This is purely to supplement the free lessons I can find online and make sure I'm doing the right things.

I am low on finances so I am swing towards online lessons but looking for opinions... If I were to sign up now I would probably go to guitar tricks as they seem to have good reviews and apparently have thousands of lessons! (http://www.guitarguru.net/best-online-guitar-lessons/)

Does anyone have any input?

Karldoog

I have just started teaching myself guitar, well with the help of youtube but really not finding it easy! I have actually been looking at getting some formal training but stuck between getting online guitar lessons or finding a teacher locally. This is purely to supplement the free lessons I can find online and make sure I'm doing the right things.

I am low on finances so I am swing towards online lessons but looking for opinions... If I were to sign up now I would probably go to guitar tricks as they seem to have good reviews and apparently have thousands of lessons! (http://www.guitarguru.net/best-online-guitar-lessons/)

Yes. Get a real local teacher. You can't learn guitar from Youtube, and you can't learn it online when you can't interact with the teacher.

Miriam

You need an ear to pick it up but you can also slow him down to half speed on <style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 8.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px 'Trebuchet MS'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}</style>this best odds chrome you tube. I noticed he is not 100% accurate.
<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 8.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px 'Trebuchet MS'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}</style>

metaljake

I've always recommended that people take lessons in person. That way you can get more attention and have someone physically show you how to play. There are pros and cons to in-person lessons, but I do think that the best online guitar lesson websites still don't compare to taking lessons in-person. Maybe you should try to take lessons from you local shop for a few months and see how it works. If you don't like it, you can always go back to trying to learn online. Just a thought...

Bonnette

Originally Posted by musicforstudent
Hi all, I'm a student from Accademia Musicale Mediterranea. I want to find good guitar lessons in English or Italian online. I have an
essays.agency student's account with a 30-days trial, but there's only music theory and I need practice.

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,
You may check TakeLessons Live or YGA (Your Guitar Academy). A list of YouTube channels with guitar lessons:

GuitarJamz
Guitareo
Andy Guitar
Justin Sandercoe
Rock on Good People