• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Dave Johnson "Brock Burst" replica

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
The "Brock Burst" replica just back from Dave Johnson, this is a 2010 solid body(not chambered) '58 reissue that I bought with the closest top I've seen to the original '59 Brock Burst(there's a bald area in the figure between and around the knobs that is very unique to the original and this guitar has it), Work done on the guitar by Dave: complete refinish and light aging with finish checking, recarve top, reshape neck, replace truss rod, one of the best looking quartersawn Brazilian rosewood fingerboards I've ever seen and real celluloid inlays. Guitar weighs 8 lbs 12 ounces. Now listed on my site and you can contact me for more info. 603-868-9805
mark@marksguitarloft.com

DJBrock.jpg

MapleFlame

That back color is really good. That to me is what sets it straight. Top color goes without having to comment.