• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Oldenburg Guitar Show canceled this year.

Rev.WillieVK

I have said this before but I have friends that have to deal with the CITES and USF&W regulations all the time in another industry. From everything I've seen and heard, the CITES people are a bunch of pinky-in-the-air aristocrats that make Ambassadors look like blue-collar workers. These CITES elites make arbitrary rules that frequently have no scientific basis - in fact, they often reject scientific evidence that disputes what they want to do.

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
I've just found a guitar, built in Spain in the last 5 years, with brazilian rosewood back and sides and no CITES certificate. How did they do that, I wonder?

Those folks who think this could never happen in America, I've heard, although I have no first hand knowledge, that New Jersey has passed a law that allows them to seize ivory, no matter when it was harvested/worked.