• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Kids sized guitars?

Skullie

Hi Everyone,

I wasnt sure where to post this, but my daughter is starting to say she wants to play guitar. She is 9, but she is tiny. Trying to play mine with it sitting across her lap is just too big for her. Does anyone know any good companies that make decent kid sized guitars? 3/4 or wahtever they are? I dont want to run to a department store and grab something out of a toy aisle. I want something that will at least stay in tune somewhat and be good to learn on for her. I've seen a few online but I have no idea what companies are reputable or what is good quality. Any help would be appreciated, thanks,\.

Direstraits

I'd consider a Baby Martin or Baby Taylor. They are really good value when you consider who they are made by. (and you can use it if your daughter loses interest). :)

59Vampire

ibanez makes a really nice shortscale guitar for about 139.00. Tunes standard and is cool. Maybe called the Mikro, not sure but my son has the mikro bass. What may be a better choice is a shredder type guitar with a really skinny neck as it will allow her to reach all the strings yet force her to stretch. Thats what I did for my other son who was 8 when I got him an ltd kirk hammett. He loves skulls.

Skullie

Thank you for the tips guys. I will do some searching and see what I can find for her. I also apologize for posting this in the wrong are of the forums in the first place.

CR9

I have owned several Baby Taylors and they are excellent guitars. Great guitars to keep at your desk at work to play a little during lunch breaks.

Also there are the Epiphones that are made in a mini Les Paul and a mini Vee. The fretboard is normal width so it may be too wide for a beginner but it might be an easier progression to a full size guitar later on. Plus they just look cool.

The ultimate would be the octave guitars that Frank Pine is making. I'm saving my money for one of those awesome guitars.