• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

marshall 8x10"

B

Banker

Will post mine when home, but in the meantime, here's one Paul prepared earlier..........

johnreardon

I used to have one back in the 60s. Stupidly sold it when I 'retired' from music for a while. Wish I still had it

Whilst a tad big, it was a fabulous cab. You can just about make it out below in the pic of me going through it

waterfield06.jpg

Also the cab on the right in this pic, where our other guitarist used it for a while when I did a period on bass

waterfield11.jpg

Drove it with a Marshall 100w head. I did go through a period of coupling the Marshall 100w head + 8x10 cab with a 100w Carlsboro Head driving two 4x12 PA columns, one each side of the stage.

torger

thanks john, cool pix! could you tell more about why you ended up
with an 8x10 instead of the more common(?) 4x12? Assuming you bought it new and had a choice.

trgr:)

torger

This is me in paris 4 or 5 years ago, its the 4x12 version, 2032, sounded really good, looked even better! it was in a small amp repair shop, not far from sacre coeur

trgr:)

GuitarMikey

Came across this thread and wondered if any of you are still rocking these 8x10 cabs? I just picked up one last week and the tone is awesome!
I think mine is a 69 or 70.

Last edited: