• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Music Ground: The "Jury" is in.....

lpcust

Here in the states our law enforcement doesn't wait for stuff like this to happen. They seize the parts before they can become a guitar ;)

My personal experience with US law enforcement involved a rare and valuable amp.
A local detective retrieved the amp from the thieves who were attempting to sell it in a city 40 miles away, brought it back and returned it to me. She couldn't have been more professional.
Yes, I made the mistake of filing the report with an officer who placed the report where it would never be seen again, but one follow-up phone call by me resulted in not only prompt action, but a detective taking the time to personally attend to an issue than must have been rather low on her priority list.

I do have a brother who is a criminal defense attorney, who presents some of the less professional behavior of law enforcement and criminal justice to me. But even he is quick to remind me I should refrain from slanderous accusations towards law enforcement actions taken by US Fish and Wildlife about which I have no substantive knowledge.

There are a few guys who used to operate in Red Bank NJ whom I'd like law enforcement and outside-the-law enforcers to spend some quality time with . . . but I digress. I sincerely hope that POME law enforcement/criminal justice enjoy great success in giving the Music Ground buggers what they richly deserve.

Pat Boyack

It's probably more complicated than that.

Oh come on!! You know we Americans love to speculate with generalities and blanket assumptions. :) :) :)

.....and we sprinkle a little paranoia on top of it like its Tabasco sauce....

B

Banker

Do any of you know if they tried to sell fake bursts or GTs?

From memory, they worked with Phil when he was trying to sell his "burst". Gil's already said what he thinks of that particular guitar. There's a great Hofner/Christies story too, Google may be your friend. Oh, then there's a certain Zemaitis. I could tell you lurid and specific details on them all, but I don't think Lily would thank me.