• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

So none of ya would buy at 2012 Historic now?

frazettafan

Here is my 1970 GT. I guess haters can go on and hate. I just don't get it.

gt.jpg

Thats a great looking guitar and reminds me of my '69 GT. But as I say, I never think of these early ones as Norlin.

garywright

Hey Gary

1. That is funny and I don't even know black58!

2. Since this thread is already off track, I think the rest of us all deserve a look at a larger picture of your avatar!

you'll have to trust me on this ...but she looks better as an avatar.:jim

Mats A

Never heard them been called Norlins before either. I got a 79 Standard that i bought new in 1982. I didnt even know it had a maple neck until the late
90´s or maybe early 00`s. It was just a Les Paul i liked and still do. When i bought it it was just so special to have a real Les Paul like my heroes.
May i sugest this could be a new thread. Far from the original subject.

garywright

Got it.

How about a picture of Black58.............same outfit.

no can do with that outfit ...maybe something with some bold black & white stripes though :hmm ...let me search the New Jersey police file pix and get back with ya on this. :)

Drew

.....John Sykes would be THE prime example. Funny he's moved on to playing a Historic.

John is still using the same '78 Custom. He does have a Rossington he loves--but the black Custom gets the majority of the work.

les strat

John is still using the same '78 Custom. He does have a Rossington he loves--but the black Custom gets the majority of the work.

I haven't seen much of him live lately, but most of the pics I have seen in the last few years were him sporting the Historic. Didn't know it was a Rossington.

There again, anything he plays sounds great.:dude:

Mats A

Don´t think he´ll abandon his 1978 Les Paul Custom with a maple neck after all these years. Don´t think he has played as good as he used to lately. His vibrato has gotten so slow that it almost sounds out of tune.

Black58

no can do with that outfit ...maybe something with some bold black & white stripes though :hmm ...let me search the New Jersey police file pix and get back with ya on this. :)

Oh, I'm a good boy, Gar; I'm being-have. :biggrin: