• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

"Canadian" Cases from Elderly

Mike Shaw

Beano Geno

It says right on the Elderly web page....

"Classic workhorse cases manufactured in Canada that have been around for decades and marketed under a variety of names over the years (Everest, Grand Prix, Superior, TKL,.....)."

Mike Shaw

Right, but it may not mean that it's the exact same case. TKL could have spec'd that their cases be different somehow.

Beano Geno

Right, but it may not mean that it's the exact same case. TKL could have spec'd that their cases be different somehow.

True.....I hope you can find out if they are the same or not. That looks like a good price. Good luck.

Mike Shaw

Thanks! From what I've been able to churn up on the net, they appear to be TKL's. No word, however, on whether the Canadians are exactly the same construction wise although they are said to be of good / excellent quality.

rudutch

they have an 800 number and (unless things changed in the last few years) they also have excellent staff.

EdMcL

Throw white in there and you have what Gibson is supplying lately with their guitars
My last 2 cases say 'made in canada'

Although those 2 links appear to have different features in each case
One has a lock

TomGuitar

They're TKLs, or at least they were several years ago. I bought one of the Canadian tweed 335 cases from them and it was a TKL. Excellent case, great handle.

Mike Shaw

"Although those 2 links appear to have different features in each case
One has a lock"

To my tired old eyes, it appears that they both have locks. It's hard to tell on the Canadian but if you look at the view of the top of the case and enlarge the picture to about 200x, you can see a key hole. Or at least I think it's a keyhole!

".what does the "F" stand for one this one ?"

I'm not sure. Maybe "F Hole" like for an arch top guitar?

garywright

I think you're right Mike ...I do see a pic of an f-hole electric to the right now. ...btw, I need a case for a smaller bodied jumbo ( fender esm10 ) ...I'm wondering if having an arch topped case is a bad idea to use for a flat top.

Mike Shaw

Might be a good idea to contact Elderly on that. I think the arch top is to reinforce the case and make it stronger. I believe the way the interior foam is designed makes the difference between a case designed for an arched top / neck like an LP and a flat top / neck like a Junior.

garywright

that makes sense Mike ...unfortunately I need a case that's a jumbo style in shape but with a 16" lower bout width not 17" ...the problem I'm finding is when you get to a smaller 16" jumbo on the TKL site or Canadian (F-style) they only offer the arch top ...I'll have to keep looking as i've been told the fender esm10 is a copy of a J185 but I haven't confirmed that.

Mike Shaw

I hear ya! I'm trying to locate (amongst other guitars) a case for a 1961 Gretsch Corvette. I just can't find a case that matches up with all the specs. Think I might contact TKL and ask for advice.

Good luck with your case search!

garywright

...their tweed cases look great but also the black ones w/bright red interior are cool too.

Boogie Bill

I saw these while looking for a replacement case for the inadequate brown and pink Lifton case that game with the R9 I just bought. I was going to get the tweed TKL 8825 from Elderly, but by the time I added in shipping I was in the area of the Gibson Custom Support logo case from MF. They shipped for free, so the Gibson case is on the way.

Just have to decide what to do with the Lifton now.

Bill

Boogie Bill

I saw these while looking for a replacement case for the inadequate brown and pink Lifton case that game with the R9 I just bought. I was going to get the tweed TKL 8825 from Elderly, but by the time I added in shipping I was in the area of the Gibson Custom Shop logo case from MF. They shipped for free, so the Gibson case is on the way.

Just have to decide what to do with the Lifton now.

Bill

Dave71

I have one for regular size LPs' and 1 for Junior sized LPs'. Bought them backin Dec. The Junior case is a TKL with the combo lock just like the late 80s' to 90s' LP cases. The other one does not say TKL but it is of the same quality. However, there are no inner shrouds.