• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Cream T Pickups???

mesablue

Les Paul Forum Member, Classic Club
Anyone have these?? Just wondering what the verdict was on them:peace2

omboy

I have a set of Custom '61s in my 2007 Standard. I love 'em so far, they are very "alive," dynamic and responsive to pick attack. They have a bit more top end than I generally like, but they are not harsh at all, and respond to the guitar's tone control. They're more on the "up front and in your face" tip, as opposed to "sweet and smooth" but they'll smooth right out by using the knobs and your right hand. Good stuff. As always, YMMV.

randall

I am curious about the Whisker Buckers, the clips sound great, not cheap at all...

spidey

I am curious about the Whisker Buckers, the clips sound great, not cheap at all...

I’m interested in these too. As I understand it Billy was involved with the development of them, has approved them and uses them. I also heard that Billy doesn’t like the Seymour Pearly Gates pups and has no real involvement with SD these days.

Sol

I’m interested in these too. As I understand it Billy was involved with the development of them, has approved them and uses them. I also heard that Billy doesn’t like the Seymour Pearly Gates pups and has no real involvement with SD these days.

Can you provide a link to help us confirm the verasity of Billy's Seymour Duncan statement please?

spidey

Can you provide a link to help us confirm the verasity of Billy's Seymour Duncan statement please?

I’m afraid not. I was told this by somebody who is ‘in the industry’. Obvs I probably shouldn’t say anymore.

Sol

I was hoping for something to substantiate your statement, but if your source is confidential I naturally respect that.

randall

Sorry but i just don't believe this, Billy has been close friends with Seymour and MJ for years and years, Billy has been exclusively using SD custom pickups in all his guitars. Just because Cream T Pickups are his flavor of the month, doesn't mean that much. It's like those Magantone amps, he funds that company which my guess is he funds the Cream t company as well, he's a business man. Not a great rumor to start... Just saying.

Look at his rig, Marshall solid sate high gain amp with a digital EQ with a single 100 watt celestion in a iso box. The Guitars are hollowed right out with very thin strings. My guess is he now needs a pickup to help with the tone decisions he made with this rig and maybe Cream T has come up with a formula that helps? the SD custom pearly is a PAF clone from his 59. That Super Scanner is a bit suspect to me personally, more like smoke and mirrors. I think the true test would be the comparison with the Real Pearly gates. I would really like to hear him play that guitar with his live rig.

And finally Billy plays his guitars with no amp sound on stage, no monitor sound on stage and has ear plugs in, you tell me how he can hear the difference between a pickup or a guitar, it's all for show. So this leads me to say he LOVES SD Pearly gates pickups because they sound awesome!

Last edited:

Sol

These Cream T pups could be a game changer, much remains to be determined at this point. Seymour Duncans long association with the Rev, on the other hand does not. It goes back decades.

The onus is upon those making these claims, and to verify them with evidence.

Perhaps this thread will attract the attention we need ?