• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone know anything about this model 1993 Classic?

toxpert

Yes...decals on the Classic models.
Silk screen was never used on this model.

At least this decal is proportioned closer to vintage scaling. “Model” is on top of the G string tuner post.

:dude:

EeeTee

......which would you fella's opt for when it comes to badges for these great Classic models?

I'm happy enough with the blank one, though I'd like to know exactly where in the sequence of 200 mine was. I do like the gold "classic" script, though. Had a late-ish model goldtop one for a spell, and a "Paul II" before that- ceramic magnets have a pretty sweet bite!

57Strat777

I have one of those "1960" cream pickguards if anyone need one to bring their guitar back to original.

EeeTee

So I got to reading and researching, reflecting upon this guitar, and its brethren.. So far it seems that there were a few one piece tops made, but mostly twos- they were indeed mostly sent to Japan, but just over dozen have popped up on the interwebs now. It seems the truss rod numbers don't follow the serial numbers 100% (3- 55xx is #13x whilst 3-60xx is #02x), the latest I found was a 4- 15xx, but haven't seen one earlier than 3 48xx. I think I've seen another 5 one piece tops, so it could be that a full third of them were made that way. Maybe they ran out of bookmatching blanks and sliced a few bodies flatwise or something.

Necromancer's edit: This is similar, but has a date in the cavity:

Last edited: