• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Trini Lopez Badge..

Axel

We'll figure something out. He said he could make the base/badge no problem. I'd have to send him my trapeze to get the fit right. Since you & I both have RI Trini's, they should be the same size & we can use my trap as the template.

I told him I wanted to wait 'n see if J@S's guy comes thru on the plastic plates first.
So I guess we'll just have to hold for more info.

Thanks, sounds great. This is why I love this forum. The RI definitely is missing the rosewood plaque.

RnB

Always thought this was a captive pic...

GibsonTrinis.jpg

Jumping@Shadows

Plaque came out Bad-Ass! totally perfect, and beyond what i was expecting.
My friend has a kinda CNC style etching machine where he can scan-in the dimensions and clone fonts etc, so my plaque is an exect replica of the photos kindly supplied.

I'll have to take a snap of it over the weekend and post it but i think it looks great- he'll be able to do 'Custom Made' clones too..

Hackubus

Les Paul Forum Member
Awesome! Now how do Axel & myself horn in on some of this action?

latestarter

Glad it's worked out so well.

Yes, I've always loved that shot...Southworth Guitars from memory.

Axel

Looking good!
Is the rosewood base new also? How is it fastened?

Jumping@Shadows

The wooden block is the original, and is attached just through the tension of the two arms..

Hackubus

Les Paul Forum Member
J@S:

Would it be possible to put me in touch with your friend that made your Trini plate?
I'd be more than happy to pay him for his efforts.

Thanks

Last edited:

Hackubus

Les Paul Forum Member
Axel: shoot me an email.
I've got an update for you.

Last edited:

TriniWeenie

Hi all, I'm trying to restore my '65 Trini that's missing its tailpiece badge. I have a friend who can clone me one, but i need clear, preferably hi-res dead-on shots to do so- google is not proving helpful in this instance.

Could anyone help??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :dude:
Hi. I need the same thing for my '65 Trini that you needed in 2011. How did you come out on that deal with the artist who was going to make you a shield and badge for your Trini? Could he help me too? Thanks very much.

Jumping@Shadows

I posted the result a couple posts up- the badge is perfect, and the wooden shield itself will be easy for a luthier to fabricate. PM me and I can put you in touch with the guy who made it :)

valentinik_15

I posted the result a couple posts up- the badge is perfect, and the wooden shield itself will be easy for a luthier to fabricate. PM me and I can put you in touch with the guy who made it :)

Hey Jumping@Shadows, could you PM me you contact for the badge. Thanks.

TM1

You know, the esteemed Mr. Gundry I believe knows the woman who worked at Gibson that did all the badges. why not drop Senior Throbak an email. I believe she still does some of the badges on a custom basis...

Anything_Vintage

Hi, New to the forum. I will be nerding out with my 1960 burst clone soon enough. However, I joined the forum with the sole purpose of getting in contact with the person who can make a replica badge for my trini. I hope everyone on this thread is still active.

TM1

Hi, New to the forum. I will be nerding out with my 1960 burst clone soon enough. However, I joined the forum with the sole purpose of getting in contact with the person who can make a replica badge for my trini. I hope everyone on this thread is still active.

Get in-touch with Jon @ ThroBak. He can put you in-touch with the woman who use to work for Gibson making these plaques.

ThemFruit

Hey guys, making an attempt to resurrect this old thread:

I'm on the hunt for the engraved Trini Lopez plaque for a '66-'67 guitar that's missing it.
I've managed to make a new rosewood base for it, but that's where my skill set stops.. :)

I contacted Jon at Throbak, but sadly he couldn't ge his hands on these any longer.
Does anyone else have any ideas where I can get one?

Greetings from Sweden!

latestarter

Hey guys, making an attempt to resurrect this old thread:

I'm on the hunt for the engraved Trini Lopez plaque for a '66-'67 guitar that's missing it.
I've managed to make a new rosewood base for it, but that's where my skill set stops.. :)

I contacted Jon at Throbak, but sadly he couldn't ge his hands on these any longer.
Does anyone else have any ideas where I can get one?

Greetings from Sweden!

I would take it to a Trophy engraver...use the photo above.