• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Didn't EC put out and add to retrieve his "Beano burst" after it got stolen?

goldtop0

Re: Didn't EC put out and add to retrieve his "Beano burst" after it got stolen?

"I'll Keep On Holding On". The Action had some of those vintage Marshalls too, right?

Yes from what Alan's told me they did, and either JTM45/4x12 or JTM50/4x12 setups plus they used Fender amps also.
He said that their roadie Micky Oram knew Jim Marshall so they bought amps direct from him and got the Fender gear from Sound City which was a store in Shaftesbury Ave-London that loaned/hired/sold equipment and instruments etc.
The book that I alluded to in a previous post is called 'In the Lap of the Mods' which was originally started by a chap Ian Hebdige and was finished in recent times by his friend Jane following his death.
Have a look at The Action/Mighty Baby site on the web as Alan says there be may some info about it on there.

Jeff West

Re: Didn't EC put out and add to retrieve his "Beano burst" after it got stolen?

Thanks I'll take a look at that.

Regarding the possibility of a backline of JTM45s furnished by Marshall for the festival, I thought I'd ask Ken Underwood about any memories of that, via the PP Marshall Forum. It looks like in general he's disinclined to view Jim Marshall as having been willing to do that, but possibly he'll comment further. I wondered if Marshall might have rented out gear too? Yeah, too bad no snapshots of Bluesbreakers and Les Pauls there (yet).

goldtop0

'65/66 was around the time Jim signed up the 15 year distribution contract with Rose Morris Ltd so they may have put them out there from time to time?
I'm not sure of the exact date that happened but you guys will know,just supposition on my part.
As far as renting out gear Alan said that Sound City seemed to be the main ones that would do that and loan it out also.

Farm

@TW: No, it's the add that he put out when his Black Beauty got stolen in April 1970. It just got me thinking that EC might have done the same when his burst got stolen. :)

Here's the add:

BB_missing_guitar_ad.jpg

@27sauce: It could have been posted in another magazine or newspaper as well, I just don't know. I thought I had read somewhere that EC put out an add to retrieve his Les Paul but I could be mistaken! :)

Ps: I've made a nice folder about that Black Beauty if you guys are interested! :dude:
I am very interested on getting the info and the perfect thing would be to get a hold on this issue