• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Paul Kossoff's "Darkburst" folder

ppgf

resurrection.
threads like this are what make lpf so dope.

JC.henny88

A few more pics that had been floating around on the forum!

tumblr_mok7h5F7A81qdgg3xo1_1280_zpse5305710.jpg

blues-years-1999-eric-clapton_zps5f82a043.jpg

KGrHqNHJEoFCdp9TqrIBQtZlVZOQ60_3_zps607d2e47.jpg

Slide2B591C-1_zpsad381b4d.jpg

That deep carve in the first pic has me drooling:spabout

talpa

Does this mean possibly some of the released/unreleased cuts on Live Cream Vol. II are this LP ?

I hear the FB1 cuts, u can feel the snarky tone come thru the cans. Had no idea this LP was connected to LCVII - irrespective if not played that night.

Redhod

Certainly he had some unknowable depths. That much comes out in his music.
I saw him a few times in his Free days, but would have liked to have seen his later Back Street Crawler band. Somewhere I have like an hour of outtakes of Kossoff noodling around with them and it was an hour of savage dreams.
Lots of Kossoff on Youtube

Drayve85

The guitar strap in the top photo now hangs on my living room wall. A beautiful Native American beadwork design with around 10,000 tiny glass beads. <3
Not being an a$$hole or anything, but how is that the same strap? The design of the beadwork looks nothing alike? Again, not calling you out, just curious.

jrgtr42

Not being an a$$hole or anything, but how is that the same strap? The design of the beadwork looks nothing alike? Again, not calling you out, just curious.
Looks like it to me, at least at quick glance - you're not looking at the hanging in the corner, are you? this one is on the post in the foreground, a bit to the right.

Drayve85

Looks like it to me, at least at quick glance - you're not looking at the hanging in the corner, are you? this one is on the post in the foreground, a bit to the right.
Lol, yes, yes I was! I didn’t see that one until now. That DEFINITELY looks just like it. I was thinking they were talking about the one that says Cheryl, and was wondering how they figured it was the Paul’s.....sorry ‘bout that!hahah

Sol

Caught this 'burst at the Play It Loud exhibit at the Met in NYC.
2K9gSPt.jpg
What a stunning burst. I bet Gibson didn't spray more that a handful of these three tone darker bursts.
This one looks so close, but I'm guessing the wider frets make this one a 59/60, whereas Kossofs was a 1958. What do you think ?

Joshabr1

looks so much cooler on clapton.. he was a real hip cat back then
I’m as big a Clapton fan all as anyone you could ever meet .. But ... Those pics of Koss choking that thing out in front of those plexi stacks are some of the coolest performance pics in the history rock and roll music.

Joshabr1

D4902BF2-F1A4-4030-A257-0470A5C371DC.jpeg
Always was my absolute favorite sounding guitar as well as color. I chose this one to honor it. It is my Koss/Clapton burst