• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

ES-345 what cable do I use?

J T

You know I never saw that bare wire under the three way switch because it was underneath between the plastic tube and the switch. It's only when I moved it with the long needle nose pliers it popped out. I guess just the contact was enough to "drain" the output of that bridge pickup but not silence it.

It wasn't attached to anything. Just wrapped around that bundle. So I just kept going with it. I got one of those little automotive round mirrors and looked around in there but I didn't see any other loose end that would be considered the other end of that ground wire. The bridge is quiet so I assume it's grounded. It must have been there since it left Gibson and eventually made contact with the switch.

There are a lot of wires in there so I'm glad I didn't have to pull it all out. :wah

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
Old thread... On the Rickenbacker 4001, you get two output jacks. One is mono, the other "Ric-O-Sound"! Their "Y" cable had a box with two jacks!

x4vrarjfq8boygavpltw.jpg

Big Daddy Class

@brandtkronholm--originally (YEARS ago) when I was trying to get this guitar from its owner, I planned on removing the embossed covers and putting them on a LP (maybe also the pickups). Fortunately he held onto it long enough that I came to my senses and will be keeping her intact.

Big Daddy Class

20230211_180852much smaller.jpg
Here is another fun photo that I think is cook. I opened it up in the kitchen when I first brought her home to snap a photo. My wife walked in and her expression was captured in the Lyre Vibrola

brandtkronholm

View attachment 23084
Here is another fun photo that I think is cook. I opened it up in the kitchen when I first brought her home to snap a photo. My wife walked in and her expression was captured in the Lyre Vibrola
All friends and wives should be so excited and supportive of our guitar purchases. šŸ˜

Attachments

• E37EC524-2761-4333-A579-8242DF87B8C5.jpeg
    E37EC524-2761-4333-A579-8242DF87B8C5.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 2

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
I either use a Y cable and run it into the two channels of my Deluxe Reverb, which gives extra EQ'ing capabilities. Or I use a mono cable and don't plug it in all the way, though I find not all cables will work this way.

rpatterson

Iā€™ve been running a stereo to mono cable for years on my 59 in live and studio and I never had an issue. For the middle position I just back off the bridge volume pup a touch and problem solved. Only pain is when using multiple guitars at a gig. Some guitars donā€™t play nicely with the TRS jack.