• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

P-90's?

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
I'm working out the final details on the P-90's before they go on the site. Here is a photo of heavily aged ThroBak Bone (left) and Cream (right) P-90 soap bar covers. The Cover on the middle left is a 56' vintage, naturally aged cover and the middle cover on the right is a 52' vintage, naturally aged cover. The exposure is a little darker to show the shading better. FYI these are snap shots with auto white balance. I will have professional photos done soon.

AgedP-90covers.jpg

moonweasel

Here is a shot of the new ThroBak bone 56' P-90 Soap Bar covers on my 2009 R6 test guitar. The bone color is a dead on match to the 56' bone cover I sent to the lab making the colorant. Next to the Historic pickguard the color is just a shade lighter which I think looks very appropriate for an authentic 56' look. Personally I love it! Aged obviously won't look as brand spanking new as these. The pickups in the photo are ThroBak but the covers fit like a glove over Gibson P-90's also. I have many, many more photos to do and copy and code to write but this is a little teaser.

BoneP-90Covers.jpg

You know I even tried offering a Gibson Customer Service rep a donation to their favorite charity if they would send me a pair of their post '09 covers. :) They still said no, we don't sell them blah blah blah...

Music to my ears that these fit and look good on a RI Gibson. I will be watching this space to see when they are available. Thanks.

Any updates on the p-90 bone covers? I'm so tired of looking at these pink R4 historic covers. It's starting to effect my tone!

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
The last of the stampted parts arrived last week along with a custom USA made run of repro A4 magnets. I'm still locking down the specs. on the different P-90 variations. But mail me and let me know what you need. I am starting to fill orders for P-90's.