• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

And Now For Something Completely Different...

RevPearly

:dude:
Man that thing is way cool. Great works of art should be named so did you name it "Psychedelic Tiki" or something along that line?
:headbange

latestarter

Elliot, what I really want to know is...how the hell do you keep your studio so tidy?

Oh, and the SG looks fab!

Elliot Easton

That is seriously cool Elliot!! :salude That is one of the most unique guitars I have ever seen. Normally I don't go for this kind of stuff, but that one is different. Has he done other guitars like that but with different themes? Also, does it feel a little strange on the hand and arms with the crystals instead of smooth wood?

Robert Kantor's link is in my first post so you can check out the other guitars he has done. They're all different and all really cool, from skulls, to pucci prints from the '60's to graffiti artist Crash's work rendered in crystals. each one is unique. there is a bit of texture to the crystals but it's not uncomfortable to play. also, they hardly add any noticeable weight and don't seem to affect the tone of the guitar adversely, if i may anticipate those very valid questions!

Bassbob

So do you have any plans to use it on stage at all or is this one staying at home?

DoubleBoogie

Robert Kantor's link is in my first post so you can check out the other guitars he has done. They're all different and all really cool, from skulls, to pucci prints from the '60's to graffiti artist Crash's work rendered in crystals. each one is unique. there is a bit of texture to the crystals but it's not uncomfortable to play. also, they hardly add any noticeable weight and don't seem to affect the tone of the guitar adversely, if i may anticipate those very valid questions!

Thanks Elliot. He does amazing work. My wife is a breats cancer survivor and is heavily involved with Komen and keeps wanting to get me involved too. I am toying with the idea of having him put one of those Komen style pink ribbons on a shell pink strat and then auctioning it off for charity. It would probably look pretty amazing and I think it might really attract some great bids and raise a lot of money.

Elliot Easton

Thanks Elliot. He does amazing work. My wife is a breats cancer survivor and is heavily involved with Komen and keeps wanting to get me involved too. I am toying with the idea of having him put one of those Komen style pink ribbons on a shell pink strat and then auctioning it off for charity. It would probably look pretty amazing and I think it might really attract some great bids and raise a lot of money.

Great idea, and women seem to love it. To answer another question, yes I plan to use it on stage-what a waste to keep this baby locked up! It wants to see stage lights for sure!

Purple Jay

Very cool guitar Elliot.

Gibson has been involved with beading on guitars since way back when.

Here is late 20's acoustic Nick Lucas Special with special "florentine" art and beading.

f7926bd52901cbdd802fe786a782e2e2fdc264f1.jpg

VMR

That is one amazing looking guitar. It is easy to tell a true artist was involved. I've seen many "custom" guitars that look terrible. It takes someone truly gifted to pull off such a project. You have good taste in art, Elliot!