• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My guitar students made me proud...

mmcquain

The school I volunteer at once a week teaching guitar had its spring concert tonight. A couple of my students were out of town but I'm so proud of the two that played! They were a little nervous being the only two but they did a fine job on Sweet Home Alabama and Smoke On The Water. They are both only 5th graders so go easy on 'em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjFAdocSsE

SpringConcert6.jpg

SpringConcert4.jpg

SpringConcert3.jpg

SpringConcert1.jpg

Mark Doebrich

mmcquain,

Nice job! Your two young men played quite well. I too volunteer with a program involving youth in grades 1-12. If your young men visit southeast Ohio, be sure to email me. Our numbers are a bit larger. We have three vocalists, a bass player and a drummer. At a recent show, a Bob Dylan Tribute at a local community college, we had 22 students on stage! Yes, I know how you feel. Your guys would fit right in with HSTR!

Keep up your work with youth. They'll appreciate your efforts throughout life and you'll continue to have fun working with them.

Rock on compadre'

Mark

Bonnette

Originally Posted by NYteacher
Hi guys,
How do you manage school/college concerts during the lockdown? I'm a teacher in a local NY school and need to
writemyessaytoday invitations and prepare a guitar concert program for 9th-10th graders.
Thanks,
Michael

Hi,
We're getting ready for a livestreamed concert. Our school administration was planning an on-campus concert with all social distancing measures, but parents voted for the virtual concert.
Any good live streaming apps/tools for teachers?