• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - 2005 Les Paul Standard Iced Tea Burst

0018G

I have an '05 HCS Standard/50's neck. Iced Tea would have been my preference, but when you find one you dig, you overlook the color.

Enjoy it-it looks great!

fenderbender

Sweet! It looks EXACTLY like my Iced Tea 05 Standard,the tops are scarily alike.Best LP I've ever played.

dcooper830

Awesome! Congrats!!

I have a 2006 Ice Tea LP Standard. I ordered mine sight unseen from Musicians Friend 4 years ago.

When it arrived I opened up the case and played it and I was in Heaven. It was perfect! And to this day I still get that feeling everytime I get it out! :)

Iplay4JC

Very cool, congrats! I own an 06 Standard with the same finish and it alternates between my 02 R7 as my #1.

Doc Sausage

SAweet! I'm really jonesin' for a reissue. So, I hang out over here instead of the "Historic District" to keep from spending what I know will be needed for maintaining my crib. :rolleyes:

The whole ensemble is beautiful - brown on brown on brown.:wow

jsamans

Looks great! I've bought a couple of vintage guitars from Emerald City Guitars and they've always treated me great too. Enjoy!

tom1965

Looks killer , i have a similar one from 2005 that my now wife bought me as an engagement present its also iced tea !

Paladin1940

I just got my first LP Classic; a 2005 model 1960, in excellent condition with the Cherry Sunburst and the brown hard case. My wife's son in Honolulu had this in his "old stock" at Hot Licks Guitars and I bought it for a song. I was looking at an Epiphone and he took pity on me and I received it first thing this morning by FedEx. Since it's my first electric, I'm playing with all the knobs and controls to find out what works, but wow, it does sound great. I only wish I had started to play many years ago. Enjoying the hell out of my new hobby. Been a golfer most of my life, and this reminds me a lot of that...each year brings something greater and better, for only a few dollars more...LOL.
I love this LP Classic...it's beautiful, plays incredibly strong, more machine than I can really handle, but DAMN, it's sweet. Hope I can at least get to the stage where I can claim to be a player before I move on to harps. Interesting site, here; I'm learning a lot. Of course some posters simply want to show how smart they are, which is fine, but the real value are those folks who willingly share their knowledge without trying to show off and baffle with bullshit.
This is my first post, but maybe not my last. Gibson has developed a cult following, and I'm among them. :spabout

blustrat

beautiful guitar .... and that's my favorite guitar shop in the area ! a must visit when i'm in town !

acewylde

The 2K5's surely had some great looking/sounding Standards afaicr?:wow

Anymore 2K5's out there?:bike

Peace!!:3zone

Here is my 2005 Iced Tea Standard 50's neck

191.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]