• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1959 Melody Maker P90 Conversion

JR.Deluxe

If you really want to get accurate, the biggest sound factor in the dif between a JR and a MM is the neck joint more than body mass. The box joint of the JR has a more solid chunk than the canoe paddle neck joint on the MM. Dont take my word, Big Al said the same thing in a thread here a few years ago. Yoose gonna argue big Al?

johnjake2147

If you really want to get accurate, the biggest sound factor in the dif between a JR and a MM is the neck joint more than body mass. The box joint of the JR has a more solid chunk than the canoe paddle neck joint on the MM. Dont take my word, Big Al said the same thing in a thread here a few years ago. Yoose gonna argue big Al?

I also agree with you but i want to know that how these things effect to get accurate......?
I am beginner so for batter understanding can you explain it more i know this is helpful for me. What is major difference between JR and MM rather then sound effect .....?

musekatcher

Well that turned out great! I played a 60's KG-2 a few weeks ago in a store for cheap, I'd have brought it home but the pickups/electronics were buzzy, and muddy, and I didn't have a good feel for repair/replacement. Wonder if these would work in both positions?

maximassolo

nice job!! i have a mm 69 sg body and im deciding to do the same thing here. the only thing that concerns me is that using double side tape the cover might fell.. hace you experience that? why cant you use some screws?

mrbeasty

I have a ‘63 Double cutaway MM with a Seymour Duncan Custom Shop humbucker in the size of a MM single. It did not turnout entirely as well as I had hope due to the tiny size, although it barely fits in the MM. I asked for too hot a pickup. That said, with the right design those “minis” (humbuckers or P90s) should work well and without having to remove wood.