• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone Check Out the Band, Vintage Trouble?

saxosim

Check out Blackberry Smoke- another LP/Junior playing group. More southern-style, but our kinda stuff.

Just had a listen to Blackberry Smoke and they are great will have to look out for one of their CDs

Cheers :)

Redhod

Thread revival!

How could I have missed this band. I just saw a rerun of the Austin City Limits with Vintage Trouble (Alabama Shakes was the opening star act) and thought this must be any Les Paul lover's band.

For me it's the perfect combination. A great soul singer up from, a monster guitarist behind him. Nalle Colt, the guitarist, is from Sweden but otherwise I guess it's a Los Angeles outift. They do a lot in Europe. I'm checking out their web page already because I want to see this act live.
New LP out, too. I'm getting it.

Go to youtube and check 'em out. "Running Out of You" is where Colt gets to do the heavy dramatics.

grimlyflick

Here’s a link to a snap of his board I took last time I saw them, it’s changed a little as in he’s added the Boss switcher but the pedals are mostly the same.

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?201177-Nalle-Colt-Vintage-Trouble-board&highlight=

Seen them a bunch of times now, awesome live band and great guys too.
Expanded version of the 1st CD is the one to get, the 2nd one isn’t as good, but has some good moments. Hoping they pull it out of the hat with the 3rd one when it appears.
:salude

Redhod

So I walk into a CD shop yesterday. (It's mostly vinyl now. I should call it a "record store" again.)
I ask for Vintage Trouble.
The clerk wants to help and goes to the T section. "I don't know if we have their old stuff," he says.
I explain that I don't the vintage Trouble, I want "Vintage Trouble."

They got nothing. Still, I like to go to CD shops first. I mean, the record store.