• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

A friends burst

Mark

A friend of mine just picked up this 60 refin. Does anyone know anything about this one?
012.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Has he had t for a long time?

If not, maybe it has been photographed before. The grain lines will be distinctive, so maybe someone can find older pics and history.
I don't remember seeing it in my part of "the Bible Belt". :hmm

Mark

Has he had t for a long time?

If not, maybe it has been photographed before. The grain lines will be distinctive, so maybe someone can find older pics and history.
I don't remember seeing it in my part of "the Bible Belt". :hmm

It was pictured in the vintage guitar mag, the one with Garcia on the cover. I was on the last pages readers gallery.

Last edited:

mingus

I was pictured in the vintage guitar mag, the one with Garcia on the cover. I was on the last pages readers gallery.

That's great and all, but what about the guitar?? :)

kharrison

Did he buy it from Mike's Music? If so I played that guitar, had a thin neck and played/sounded great. The refin was well done too.

Black58

I hate to be "that guy"......but I thought that the tp studs, when lined up, would make a line hitting both knobs...that's how I've always told the difference between a real burst photo, and a reissue photo. Can someone school me?

The later '60 Bursts were "straightened".

Black58

With you're username, I could see that happening. You're excused. .. :hee

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
hehehe, not really, but I thought I would rather post this than the classic '+1'