• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Binding Bleeding

Uncle Gary

Does the bleeding happen underneath, or does it happen so you actually get color on your hands?

I never understood why Gibson painted necks, but I guess that's another discussion. A natural looking neck looks way better.

Never noticed anything on my hands other than black from fret tarnish. And, no, natural looking necks don't "look way better."

Bruce R

When I purchased my '06 R8 (in '07) I noticed the bleeding in the binding right away. I figured it was just sloppy work.

It has faded a bit over the years and really doesn't bother me now.

renderit

They sacrifice a baby unicorn for each that comes off the line 'to give it tone'.

It is the
unicorn blood which gets on the binding as the Final Quality Inspector gives it the "noodle of approval".

Please help stop this barbaric practice by sending your entire paycheck directly to:

Ren the Magnificent

1275124392 A Street

Ruby Bigonia, North Texas 7773543-6699

El Gringo

They sacrifice a baby unicorn for each that comes off the line 'to give it tone'.

It is the
unicorn blood which gets on the binding as the Final Quality Inspector gives it the "noodle of approval".

Please help stop this barbaric practice by sending your entire paycheck directly to:

Ren the Magnificent

1275124392 A Street

Ruby Bigonia, North Texas 7773543-6699

Best Post of the Day !

marshall1987

I have a new 2018 TH58 Wildwood Spec/Tom Murphy Les Paul with the cherry red aniline dye pore filler. Sure the dye has stained the fingerboard binding and some of the body binding.

But when I compare the beautiful cherry red back and neck on my 2018 TH58, to my 2009 Les Paul R9 that DOES NOT have the authentic cherry red aniline dye poor filler, the difference is significant. The 2018 Les Paul's cherry red looks so much nicer and richer than the 2009 cherry red. It is a deeper, richer, and more vibrant looking cherry red, and for me, it's well worth the slight amount of red binding bleed I get on this guitar. By comparison the 2009 cherry red looks muted and dull compared to the 2018.

I'll take the authentic cherry red aniline dye pore filler any day.

Drayve85

My 2015 TH58 was a case queen up until February of this year (2019) and had binding bleed just about everywhere there was binding. But, after significant playing over the last almost 10 months (by significant I mean almost non-stop playing.....some/most nights even sleeping with it!) almost all of the bleed has gone away. Except for the spot under the pick guard bracket, and a few spots here and there. I was actually kinda sad to see it go! My question I guess is whether or not it’s normal to be rubbing through the lacquer on the neck already, and fingerprints in the lacquer that won’t polish out AT ALL!

p.s. Ren, checks in the mail, lemme know when it arrives!:peace2

p.s.s. Sorry for resurrecting a somewhat necro thread!