• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NOS 2007 R9

slammintone

Impossible to imagine but there's unsold 2007 and older Historics still out there. Here's my brand spankin' new 2007 R9 VOS in washed cherry.

IMG_1589Large.jpg

IMG_1587Large.jpg

IMG_1585Large.jpg

IMG_1588Large.jpg

IMG_1584Large.jpg

AndyMan

Les Paul Forum Member, Classic Club
That is one nicely figured cherry burst! Did you get it at a discount?

RUFFCUT

Very nice......Is the neck on that one more to your taste than the 2010?? :salude

27sauce

Most of the HIstorics at my local (San Antonio) Sam Ash are NOS '07's.

Beautiful guitar BTW

MS 57

GREAT looking guitar !! I´m sure it sounds as good as it looks !!!

Trennasol

Love it! I really like the tops on the 2007's. I like the necks better too. I've tried a few 2010's and although they were very nice guitars I didn't care for the neck as much.
Looks awesome! Congrats!

PHILBERT

Another one? :hmm

You have "the disease", son. :wah

But I like that one very much! :peace2

buckaroo

Formerly Tweedguy
I have a 2007 R9. It really has a woody tone and sustains like crazy. In many ways I prefer it to the 2009 Les Pauls that I have purchased. Many people ascribe certain qualities to certain production years. Like, for example, the original 1959 models!

Well, my experience with recent production Historic Les Paul models is that there may well be something very special that happened with the 2007 models. I think it is just "luck" with the wood supply at the particular time of production.

Some, many in fact, may differ from me in their view on this and who can say in the end what it really is. We still have yet to figure out exactly why the 1959 models sound the way they do. While I speculate that there are many great sounding Les Pauls from most, if not all, production years; I do think that 2007 produced some particularly fine specimens.

Last edited:

bugman4214

just ask chris at guitarsale they have a lot of nos les pauls,, some 07 R9S as well,, i think they have such a big warehouse full of gits they dont even know what they have,, im always hunting there web site...

slammintone

Thanks everyone! Yes another one, yes the 2010 I had for a week was exchanged for this very graciously I might add and I love the neck on this one. This is what just seems so "right" to me if not the most up to date historic profile the 2009-2010 R9s have. The place I worked with got two more of these in from their warehouse for me and let me come in and audition in person. The two that came in were both killer so it was nearly a flip of a coin which one I was going home with. This one was just a smidge under 9lbs give or take but had so much going for it I grabbed it over the lighter more flamey '07 that came in with it. This is another R9, so far 4 for 4 I've played that sounded way cool right out of the box. On the amp I was auditioning this particular axe out on I was getting a SPOT ON Bloomfield chirpy middle position and a howling bridge pickup tone! Sweet detailed and woody neck pickup sounds too. She's a keeper for sure.

jbzoso2002

Great score Rick!

Now I dont have to worry about you swiping my R8.:laugh2:

We have to hook up again now so I can see that one!

Jimmy:bat

slammintone

Great score Rick!

Now I dont have to worry about you swiping my R8.:laugh2:

We have to hook up again now so I can see that one!

Jimmy:bat

Yeah, your R8 was in grave danger there for awhile.:jaw
We'll definitely be hooking up again absolutely, looking forward to it.

Trans-Am

...that looks like it been elbowed grease?

Nonetheless! It's a Beauty Brother!!:wow

Congrats!!