• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NOS 2007 R9

Mars Hall

Had the chance to play this guitar today and his very nice R7. Thanks Rick! Had a blast this afternoon. I can vouch, this guitar is down right a great player and that top, WOW!

The 2nd and 4th photos do give a descent representation of the flame.

Classic71

Looks fantastic, I bet that top is even sweeter in person - it's very rarely a photo can do a flametop true justice. Glad you're enjoying it, 2007 was supposedly a "good year" after all!

slammintone

No, thank YOU Mars Hall yer too kind for sure. I enjoy the top of this as much as I did the top on the 2010 but the 2010 top was stronger and perhaps more 3D. Probably the coolest top I ever saw in person. I enjoy the neck a lot better however on this '07, no comparison there at all for me. Between the pickups and the wood the sound is very much similar to the Throbaks in my R7 but there's a nice dry hollowness in the upper mids on the R9 that makes this one really stand out. Mars is a heck of a good fingerstylist and I got to hear sounds coming out of both of my axes I never did when I play them so that was an added treat.

Last edited:

slammintone

Looks fantastic, I bet that top is even sweeter in person - it's very rarely a photo can do a flametop true justice. Glad you're enjoying it, 2007 was supposedly a "good year" after all!

Thanks, the top is cooler than I'd expected. I ordered it and another '07 R9 from Woodwind & Brasswinds website. They have several, like 10 under the 1959VOS link where you could pick from the different serial numbers and see what the actual guitar looks like. This used to be the main GuitarSale hub where they stocked all those great axes. Now I guess they're stocked in Kansas City and they can get them in for auditioning which is what I ended up doing. I've bought all but one of four different Historics from them over the years. I concur, 2007 was a good year!:punk

slammintone

Pic's from this afternoon

IMG_1673Large.jpg

IMG_1678Large.jpg

IMG_1674Large.jpg

IMG_1676Large.jpg

IMG_1682Large.jpg

Trans-Am

Yup ! there was/were a thread about the year 2007 being the best for Historic of kind? True is it?

Stoj

Wow 5 years on & this thread has been resurected :hmm

Trans-Am

Hmmm:hmm 32 post and hardly any pictures of the so called 2007 R9’s ?
Let’s see them pictures fellas?:jim