• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Backstage Funny or Interesting Pictures Thread

Triburst

bjih7a.jpg

J T

Can we do videos too?

I've seen them on the tracks and platforms, but not on board like this little guy.

Subway fun

I wonder where he keeps his metro card?

Seoighs

I don't think they rise to the level of 'Has Beens'.

What would you need to do to get somebody to hold a Kay Bass and wear a 'Turds of Misery' shirt? I think the guy on the right looks dumb (or stoned) enough to trade for his SG.

Must be some sort of fraternity initiation is all I can figure. The Heathkit transistor amp is the perfect compliment to that scene.

Triburst

The rest of the story is here: Turds of Misery Revealed

wvhPY.jpg

Ian probably should have realized that there
really couldn’t be anyone named “Bagpipes McDonald.”

Anyway, I received this neato comment today:

To set the record straight…. These boys aren’t Canadians. They’re from the Davenport, Iowa area. That’s my dad in the middle with the beer. His name is Dave, not Gord. Wade is on the right, and Wade’s brother on the left. They did an excellent cover of “Wild Thing”.

This came from Laurie C., an interesting character in her own right. A little sleuthing turned up a current photo of her father:
PlqLd.jpg

Meet Dave. This guy still looks great — I like the fact that he stuck with the handlebar moustache and still rocks it today.

So, to Dave and Laurie and the Turds of Misery, thanks for helping me entertain thousands of new friends around the world. And please remember the slogan here at the Weather Station: “Now featuring 76 percent true stuff.”

You know, people would pay good money for Turds of Misery T-shirts. Just sayin.

Triburst

After the "25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concert," seeing Kirk Hammett absolutely kill on a Les Paul (playing "Sweet Jane" with Lou Reed --who clearly loved it), I'm a fan for life. The guy can play!

Still, there are critics...

This originated on a messageboard thread where a Mustaine fan was panning basically every other guitar player.

davenkirk.jpg