• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Paul McCartney's Touring '60

oceantoad

What was really cool was when I got to play his Hofner bass. Shame we didn’t get a photo of that!! Maybe 5lbs soaking wet. Memories are better than photos.

Last edited:

J.D.

I'm not one to get celebrity awestruck, but if I was ever fortunate enough to meet Paul with those iconic instruments around it would likely be a rare exception.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
What was really cool was when I got to play his Hofner bass. Shame we didn’t get a photo of that!! Maybe 5lbs soaking wet. Memories are better than photos.

Nine years and over 500 posts later, this thread is always amazing!!

Thanks Oceantoad!!! :salude

oceantoad

Nine years and over 500 posts later, this thread is always amazing!!

Thanks Oceantoad!!! :salude
You're welcome Tom , 9 years really flew by #9 #9 #9..& here's to the next 9!!!:dude:
z4913617105_82d9c099ac_b-1.jpg

Last edited:

oceantoad

A cool video rocking the 60' Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Elton John, Carl Perkins, Sting, George Martin, Ray Cooper, Mark Knopfler & others - "Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight / The End" >LINK HERE

Last edited:

oceantoad

Is that a reissue? :hmm

Tom, It was a loaner, yes. Good eye! :salude There's a pic (or two) of it in this thread, and when he used live in NYC. Here>

According to "Team MACCA", and Paul himself, this reissue sounds amazing ( most important to him) and plays great!

Quick question for you, Tom , how many lefty (original) sunbursts are now known to exist 4,5, or 6?

Last edited: