• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Paul McCartney's Touring '60

oceantoad

CLICK HERE> 2002

and..

CLICK HERE 2010...sorry the camera batty dies..lol
...so ...he is getting younger?

zzz4886288702_c989e38741_b.jpg

zzz4885681975_b4b594f937_b.jpg

zzz4885673311_9fca1a8f63_b.jpg

Last edited:

oceantoad

You must have the most incredible job!

Thanks for posting!

You are welcome! Yes & no sir. I'm still just trying to "make up" for the '05 California wild fire.

It took away my dream, my '60 , but it made me strong in other ways. Ya know?

Like...I'm still standing and I truly believe that there is something greater in store.

oceantoad

Holy Veggie~vita`macca~burgers ... 780 hits in 24 hours?

Does LPF "ROCK" or what?

zzzzz4867420491_4bdd4f07ac_b.jpg

Last edited:

oceantoad

Great thread.

There are times when McCartney rambles on a bit too long and too often between songs but overall I admire the guy and especially what he's done for the world of music.

Not directly because of him, but because of the Beatles I probably never would have become so interested in music...

Yeah, well, he has had the practice over the years... now hasn't he?

It has always been Paul's great pleasure to introduce the .."next.. song.. for you ..now!" ..

zzzzzz4868033458_554bf57f2c_b.jpg

zzzzz4867417647_b432245c70_b.jpg

i'd ramble on too if I was tryin' to catch "my" breath all the time. check it out.. :2cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0B0VMxCsw&feature=search

Last edited:

oceantoad

Yes sir he has that effect. I was there & it still gives me the chills , in a good way.

Always has, always will...:3zone

Bassbob

The last time I saw him Linda was still alive. '89 I think, it was the New World Tour. He sold out the old Busch Stadium. Man what a show. My mom cried, but that was probably more from watching her son get trashed on Budweiser and ganja. :salude

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I saw him twice in 2001. I had never seen any of the Beatles before and I'm 47.
My wife and I both got a little misty a few times during the set. That music is so loaded with connections from our lives and hearing him sing and play them is incredible. Linda had died not too long before, and George too. When he sang "My Love". When he whipped out the George Uke with the stories of that... man.

He can ramble all he wants. That, folks is the oral tradition--from the master.

Guitar Whiskey

I guess I struck a nerve here with the rambling on comment. I'm not implying that his perspective on the songs aren't interesting or relavent. The Beatles certainly are my biggest musical influence and I was there during the whole time the Beatles existed; have heard most of these stories many times over. My point is the reason I like the Beatles so much is because of their music. When I'm listening to music at a concert there is an emotional momentum that can be generated by seamlessly transitioning from one song to another or setting up a musical dynamic with an interesting set; like the 2nd side of Abbey Road. The interruption of this dynamic gets to be "a well know drag" when it is continously broken between every song for story time. I've discussed this with friends before who argue that the stories are the part of the concert they like best. Anyway to each his own; no one is right or wrong here. I'm just glad McCartney's still on the planet and performing.

Bassbob

Amen to that brother. I just can't get into any of his new music, but I sure like watching him perform and I sometimes spend hours watching old early 70s YT clips.

F

Frickengruvin

Guitar Whiskey said:I guess I struck a nerve here with the rambling on comment...

I would say this...There is up to four generations attending his shows now, and not all those generations have your benefit of "being there" when the songs were first released.....so a little expansion on Paul's part is cool, and often times poignant....

Guitar Whiskey said: My point is the reason I like the Beatles so much is because of their music.

Me too, but to quote Wilko, their music strums a chord in so many parts of our collective lives, that's it's not just the music, it's the guys that made the music too....

I'm proud to say I've seen Paul a couple of times, both phenominal shows, and both the most emotional shows I've ever attended.

They are something special, and we should consider ourselves lucky that he is still giving it to us in a manner consistant with most things Beatles....

FAB!

Otto 57

These are the best pics of the Macca burst I've ever seen. I love the transition of dark to light up near the toggle switch. Thanks OceanToad.

triggeron6string

Oceantoad,
I am awstruck with you images of one of the greatest musicians in history. I must ask how do you have access to his tour. Are you with the group, pro photographer, ?