• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Stolen Vintage LP Special and more -- Louisiana

moonweasel

Someone I don't know personally has had a TV LP Special stolen near Baton Rouge, LA. I know J45 is from around there, and I used to live there.

Anyway, it is a family instrument owned by the person's father.

The text from the victim:

I'm really upset at the moment and need your help.

Never thought I would ever have to deal with something like this. But Sunday (07/18/2010) a climate controlled facility was broken into (21 units total) and I had some very expensive and sentimental gear stolen. I'm passing this along to everybody I know in the hopes that it may help. Please pass it along to anybody who can help.

This happened in Walker, Louisiana. Near Baton Rouge/Denham Springs area and Hammond, Louisiana. Please keep your eyes and ears open.

I'm sure I don't have to say which of these guitars is the most important to me.

8 Guitars
1 Amp

Guitar%20pics%20011crp.jpg
Guitar%20pics%20020crp.jpg
Guitar%20pics%20024crp.jpg

1957 Gibson Les Paul Special (was my father's guitar)

TV Yellow, ding on lower horn/cutaway, chip on back of guitar neck
Aftermarket bridge, original in the case along with Black Diamond string boxes, no longer made
Brown Gibson case, pink interior color

Guitar%20pics%20023.jpg
Guitar%20pics%20022.jpg

Gibson Les Paul “Gary Moore” edition

Lemon Burst color, clear mahogany back, figured maple top which is like a finger print, no two are alike Says “Gary Moore” on the headstock plate
Seymour Duncan Pickups – not stock, neck pickup facing wrong way, will make this guitar stand out
Brown form fitting case with “Gibson USA” outside
Case interior will be blue and say “Gary Moore” on the protective cover

Guitar%20pics%20006crp.jpg

Jackson Randy Rhodes USA
Low serial number, 800-1000 range stamped on fret board of guitar neck

Black on black, Kahler tremolo, chips on points, hair line stress cracks on back from 3-piece construction
Seymour Duncan Invader and Jazz pickups, not stock and makes this guitar identifiable
Black Jackson guitar case

Ibanez RG 7620

Vampires Kiss (magenta)
EMG 707 pickups, guitar had to be modified for these to fit, this will make it stand out
Extra EMG control in back cavity
Will be in a black plastic SKB style case

Guitar%20pics%20007crp.jpg

The Heritage VIP

Tobacco Burst curly/quilt figured top which is like a finger print, no two are alike
Seymour Duncan “Screamin Demon” pickup, not original, will make this guitar stand out
Black guitar case with “The Heritage” on outside of it, case will look heavily worn

Guitar%20pics%20013crp.jpg

Hamer Californian USA

Black Iridescent finish (black multicolor)
Chrome hardware
Seymour Duncan Invader and Cool Rails pickups are not stock and make this guitar unique
Black guitar case

013.JPG

Jackson Stars “Jake” Kelley model
Serial number 001817 on the last fret

Rare Guitar as it was only made for the Japan market and imported to the USA by me
Burgundy/red metallic w/black bevels and back, black hardware
EMG pickups are not stock and make this guitar identifiable
Black soft leather bag/ case

Alvarez Acoustic guitar

Natural wood finish
Has a scratch/scrape/gouge in the top of the guitar, in the area circled
Black form fitting guitar case

Email me at my username at hotmail.com, and I will send you some contact info.