• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

les paul jr. builds

MapleFlame

Here are a couple of 22-Fret DC Octave Juniors I just finished building. And now I start the painting process. One will be TV Yellow, and one Cherry.

IMG_6792_1200.jpg

Frank

Sweet action. :dude:

Scott Lentz

Frank, I have never seen two Jr.s or Specials in the TV finish that are exactly the same! The wood as well as the translucent finish applied over makes this possible. Only later when the finish is applied more opaque is this negated.
Frank, the next color should be as,( Mike Stevens called it), the reverse TV! When black is applied in conjunction with natural or white wood filler!

pinefd

Frank, the next color should be as,( Mike Stevens called it), the reverse TV! When black is applied in conjunction with natural or white wood filler!

Thanks for your input on the TV Yellow, Scott. And yes, the reverse TV would look very cool. As it turns out, though, this TV that I'll be doing is going to be a TV white (or beige), since that's what the customer wants. One of these days, I'll have to try a reverse TV, though.

Frank

Kris Ford

To be honest, I am starting to think that the restriction here about not taking @hotmail @gmail @yahoo etc is really starting to choke out new users. I honestly haven't check the email address I used to sign up to this site in many, many, many years. I only keep it for this login.

+1