• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

70's Gibsons. Show off your Norlins.

Humbuck

l5s4.jpg

'78 L-5S. Awesome axe!

Triplet

I've never seen P90s used with goof-hiders before. That's not half bad. I suppose the close plastic color makes it work.

tonyj

Posted before but, here's my '76 Deluxe:

21kjptx.jpg

Hey John (originally from Liverpool), your 'wrong sided' 1976 DeLuxe looks to be in amazing condition. Is it more or less in original trim? It looks to be, although I can't make out "DeLuxe" on the truss rod cover.

I am patiently waiting to drive out to the West coast (British Columbia) next month, where I have a 'totally original' tobacco burst 'right sided' 1976 DeLuxe awaiting pick-up. Very excited I can tell you! I just hope it is nearly as good looking as yours appears to be.

Thanks for sharing ......

Tony (originally from Bolton, ...... and I have been in the old 'Cavern'. I was a good friend of the late Alan Caldwell, better known as Rory Storm ... of the Hurricanes. Perhaps you remember him - or knew of him? )

John Vasco

Hey John (originally from Liverpool), your 'wrong sided' 1976 DeLuxe looks to be in amazing condition. Is it more or less in original trim? It looks to be, although I can't make out "DeLuxe" on the truss rod cover.

I am patiently waiting to drive out to the West coast (British Columbia) next month, where I have a 'totally original' tobacco burst 'right sided' 1976 DeLuxe awaiting pick-up. Very excited I can tell you! I just hope it is nearly as good looking as yours appears to be.

Thanks for sharing ......

Tony (originally from Bolton, ...... and I have been in the old 'Cavern'. I was a good friend of the late Alan Caldwell, better known as Rory Storm ... of the Hurricanes. Perhaps you remember him - or knew of him? )

Top side of the body is a bit beat, but otherwise the body is in good shape. On cleans, this '76 Deluxe just blows away my '91 LP Custom. I was told by one of the most knowledgeable members on here that lefty Deluxes usually did not have 'Deluxe' on the truss rod cover, because the only ones made were 'righty' and at the time Gibson were averse to putting upside down things on their guitars.

Rory Storm is a very well known name on the Merseyside music scene, as you can imagine.

Hope your Deluxe turns out to be just fine.