• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Searching for my old '72 Custom

Pete Cage

I realize this is a long shot, but I have to try every couple of years.

I'm trying to locate a guitar I once owned; it's a black, 1972 LP Custom, s/n 779944. It was in the purple-lined, guitar-shaped case, with my last name stenciled on the back. I still have the owner's pamphlet.

I got it new in '72, gigged it for years, and then traded it in 1990 to Buck Sulcer at Guitar Network in MD.

The guitar was in great shape at the time, but it wasn't a particularly exceptional LP. My interest in finding it is largely sentimental, and involves a story about my late father.

Thanks in advance,
Pete

stock_hippie

Les Paul Froum Member
hope you find it dude...i knew a cab driver lady who had one in Washington DC...gold hardware...hope you find it...that was a loud guitar...i search ebay alot...if i see it ill shoot you a message

stock_hippie

Les Paul Froum Member
i bet if everyone started lookin we'd find it....i just emailed a guy with one...but no serial # match

DonP

I had a 1972 Custom back in the late 80s. I couldn't get used to the "fretless wonder" and sold it a few months later. This was in So Cal so I doubt it was the same guitar.

Good luck on finding it. Check guitar store - it might be hanging on a wall somewhere.

garywright

good luck Pete ...I was just referring to your sweet '62 330 in a different thread.

donw35

I'll check the serial numbers of my to Black LPC when I get home. I got them off ebay years ago so who knows...
3a.JPG