• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My Photos in Jimmy Page Photoautobiography!!

denwing

Wow, that is a great story! Looking forward to seeing some of the photos you took that nite!

Tonehawk

Re: My Photos in Jimmy Page Photoautobiography!! Photos Posted!

Well, thank you for all of the kind words. It is the "coolest" thing that has ever happened to me.

It was most amazing sitting that close. Plus the bonus is that is was one of the best performances of the '77 tour based on the recorded evedence. I only got my hands on the boot last year. No quarter was particularly outstanding. I yelled Heartbreaker as Plant walked in fornt of me at one point, to which he exclaimed "Heartbreaker?" - and they played it for the encore - one of the only times of the tour I believe. I'd like to believe it was because I yelled it. No matter what, cool coincidence, especially for a ultra-enthusiastic 17 year old Zeppelin freak! I am pretty sure all must have been advised (band and security) that I was "approved" to avoid the well documented typical removal process of unauthorized photographers, audio recorders, or profiteers. I was standing like a beacon while folks around me were sitting and never got a look from any security.

Here are a number of good shots. I don't have them all scanned yet, and need to buy a nikon scanner to do it properly. I can't post any of the shots I submitted, which are my fav's, but I will be able to put some others up in the near future. Perhaps, needless to say (so why am I saying it I ask?), I won't be able to put up the selected ones assuming they make it.

This is the first time these have been seen other than by a handful or two of friends over the years, and those involved with the book.

I hope you enjoy!:jim

The first three are during Song Remains the Same.
ds1959_0002.jpg

ds1959_0003.jpg

ds1959_0025.jpg

In My Time of Dying
ds1959_0043.jpg

Battle of Evermore
ds1959_0052.jpg

No Quarter
ds1959_0068.jpg

Moby Dick
ds1959_0096.jpg

Bow Solo
ds1959_0074.jpg

Achilles - This really smoked!
ds1959_0091.jpg

I'll post a few more.

Tonehawk

Kris Ford

AWESOME!!! These were at the Silverdome show? My uncle camped out to get tix for that. I, however was only 3 then...lucky guy! I have the audio from that one. Still in the Metro Detroit area?

Texas Blues

Fantastic story. Great pics. Nice to hear good things happening somebody.

Tonehawk

AWESOME!!! These were at the Silverdome show? My uncle camped out to get tix for that. I, however was only 3 then...lucky guy! I have the audio from that one. Still in the Metro Detroit area?

Sorry Kris, these were at Madison Sqare Garden - I lived in Mich and drove to NYC for the show.

I have some form Pontiac, but they are not scaneed yet.

poe

i'd be flipping my lid if i was in your shoes...how cool....and thanks for sharing...just great...;-)

akstrat61

WAAYY Cool read!:jim :3zone :3zone :3zone

Congrats and good luck with the book deal!:wow

Les45

Great story... and fantastic pics.

Congrats, and good luck on getting your photos published. :salude

frank3si

That's a great story. Halfin is kind of the "go to" guy these days, so it's fantastic that your stuff made the grade. On a side note, he once wrote on his Web site how much he enjoyed my book "Seventies Rock: The Decade of Creative Chaos" - that certainly made my day!

skyeking69

Congrats Drew! did all this at 17, very cool....reminds me of the movie
"Almost Famous" cheers!!:salude

Otto 57

Tonehawk, reading your story again brings back all the memories of what it was like to be that age and how important those shows really were. We lived a part of history that I believe will stand the test of time. This music, these bands, the events at which they played are going to live on as a golden age of music and it will always be a symbol of what it means to be young and free in a troubled world. You had the foresight at the age of 17 to capture these images which will live forever alongside the mighty music of Led Zeppelin.:salude

DHBucker

Damn, Otto summed it up so well. It was like that wasn't it! I feel blessed to have seen and experienced the classic bands that many young people ane "discovering" today. Even though I'm getting older it is a thrill to see kids wearing repro concert tees that I own originals of and had seen those bands on the tour on the repro shirt! These photos are a testament to that time and those bands. Thanks for including the forum in your wonderful experiences Drew. This thread alone shows how great this forum can be. Sharing photos,opinions, and life experiences! It doesn't get any better eh?

bluesforstevie

Man, that's such a great story!!! Thanks for sharing....

"The Mighty Led Zeppelin".....that's what I thought before seeing them in 1977 in St. Louis.

"Wow"...."The Mighty Led Zeppelin"......it's too bad they crushed my dreams and bitterly dissappointed me with an embarassingly bad performance....one they NEVER should've played. I felt so taken afterwards.....like someone had robbed me and made me watch some foolish amateurs pretending to be a bad imitation of...."The Mighty Led Zeppelin".

Never been so dissapointed by a band...so ripped off...It still affects me to this day when I listen to any of their live shows. The Mighty Led Zeppelin indeed.....:dang

djdersh

Man, that's such a great story!!! Thanks for sharing....

"The Mighty Led Zeppelin".....that's what I thought before seeing them in 1977 in St. Louis.

"Wow"...."The Mighty Led Zeppelin"......it's too bad they crushed my dreams and bitterly dissappointed me with an embarassingly bad performance....one they NEVER should've played. I felt so taken afterwards.....like someone had robbed me and made me watch some foolish amateurs pretending to be a bad imitation of...."The Mighty Led Zeppelin".

Never been so dissapointed by a band...so ripped off...It still affects me to this day when I listen to any of their live shows. The Mighty Led Zeppelin indeed.....:dang

Cool story for sure...

I begged my parents to let me see them at the Oakland Coliseum 'Day On The Green' in '77, but they were not about to let a 13 year old (and his friends) go to concerts. It was their last US performance and the one where Bonham was arrested. Yea. '77 was a tough year for 'The Mighty Led Zeppelin'. Not sure why they didn't just take some time off since by all accounts at many of the shows Jimmy Page was in no condition to play. I guess the excess of the 70's finally caught with them. In fact, 1977 was really the end of an era as rock music devolved into Punk, Disco, and Hair Metal.

In retrospect, I am thankful of not seeing the band past their prime. Jimmy Page looks like a skeleton in those pictures and the band just has a sense of dread about them. You can see it in their faces.