• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any help identifying this Fender Blue Label speaker?

sickboy79

This speaker came from this cab. I believe it's a late 70s or early 80s era Fender 4x12 based on the Fender tail-less logo.
DSCN0552-1.jpg

This is the stock speaker. I checked the codes all over the net and came up with nothing. It's a 32 ohm speaker and what info I could find said it might be an Eminence. Anyone know the specs? Wattage, magnet, sensitivity, etc? Any help is appreciated!!!

DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0559.jpg

DSCN0558.jpg

Kap'n

Probably an Emi knockoff of a C12N design. I'd guess ~25W when new. Probably big gaps, relatively inefficient. This was the 70's. ;-)

Fender used 32 ohm speakers in only two amps I know of. The Bassman 10, which this obviously wasn't from, and the Rhodes piano boxes. Could be an extension cab for the latter.

sickboy79

Probably an Emi knockoff of a C12N design. I'd guess ~25W when new. Probably big gaps, relatively inefficient. This was the 70's. ;-)

Fender used 32 ohm speakers in only two amps I know of. The Bassman 10, which this obviously wasn't from, and the Rhodes piano boxes. Could be an extension cab for the latter.

Cool. Thanks for the response Kap'n. I did find info on the Rhodes piano stuff. All the pics I saw were different shaped cabs than this one. For some reason I think this is a guitar amp cab - it's the same dimentions as the newer Fender 4x12s (Tone Master and Supersonic). I've also seen pictures of my cab in the "Fender Amps, The First 50 Years" book from the Rivera "II" era.

But, the funny thing is the serial plate on the back of the cab states this:

Speaker Impedance: 32 ohms
Total Cab Impedance: 8 ohms

And, the speakers are indeed wired in parallel! Interesting stuff!

Thanks again!

Wally

Is there a gray label on the side of the magnet? IF so, there is probably a
67-XXYY code signnifying Eminence. FWIW, that magnet doesn't remind me of any EMinence that I have seen. Fender did use some Pyle speakers in the '80's.

zombiwoof

Yeah, a 67 code would mean Eminence, and until a few years ago there was a 32 ohm 10" speaker in their catalog (it was a common replacement for the 32 ohm 10's in the Ampeg 8-10 cab). I haven't seen an Eminence 32 ohm 12 before, but it was probably OEM for Fender.

Al

P.S. the code for Pyle is 1098.

sickboy79

Thanks Guys! Adam at Satellite amps spotted it as a Pyle over on the Gear Page forums. Interesting!