• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Beware of Photobucket VIRUS

bucklerash

Like many here, I use Photobucket for posting pictures on forums, eBay, etc. Well, there's a nasty virus on their site so make sure your antivirus is ON before going there. Mine was off and I got hit. I've never had a virus before and I was trying to determine where it came from (this particular PC is used in my studio and there is NEVER any browsing to "questionable" sites or downloading unknown attachments or software). I started getting strange pop ups while uploading some photos to Photobucket--then Googled photobucket+virus and found it's been going on this week. The virus won't let you download antivirus software, etc. It was either reformat my drive or pay money for tech support--I ended up calling Norton and they solved the problem, but it cost me $99! WATCH OUT!

MikeScalf

It's not the first time the Photobucket has been infected with this virus. (Happened a few months ago also)

I guess I'll stop using my account and look for somewhere else to upload pics. :rolleyes:

I want a Mac. :dang

J T

There are no known viruses for Macs unless you have an intel based Mac and boot up some version of Windows. But the viruses will only affect the Windows op sys side. So if you do that, go get some virus protection for you Mac to protect the Windows stuff on your Mac.

Wisertime

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Sure the problem is photobucket? I've been there a lot today, without any problem at all. I would think that the Photobucket people would clear out the issue pretty quickly anyway.

billyrocks

Banned
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but this inforamtion is still useful. Thanks for sharing.