• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

BOSS "CHROMATIC TUNER TU-2" thoughts...

'96LesPaulStand

Does anyone have one of these stomp box tuners in the loop?...If so, has anyone heard of them taking tone away, changing your sound at all?...Thanks for any thoughts and your time, dudes and dudettes... :^) Rock out!

DoobieK

I notice a little degredation in sound, but not much. I know some people who think there is no change whatsoever. I think it makes a difference depending on the other gear in your rig and how they interact with each other.

I made a separate box for my pedalboard which will switch my guitar signal to either the Boss TU-2 or the rest of my gear, so I get no degredation in sound and when I switch to the tuner, it mutes my signal. It cost about $7.00 in parts and 15 minutes in time to make. Hmm, I could probably sell them for $49.95 each.

LESPAULKID

If there is any difference in the sound I don't notice it. I think its a great tuner.I also use it to power other pedals on my board. LPK.

stevek

I've got one and I really like it. I've never noticed any degradation as a result of it's beng in line either. My signal chain tends to be:

TU-2 -> Marshall Bluesbreaker (UK made MkI model) or Fulltone Fulldrive II FM -> Pro Jr or Velocette or Laney VC30

Amp choice driven by gig size and which ever of the two small ones I feel like picking up on the way out the door ;)

- Steve K

daomon

I have the TU2 myself and think it's great. I've never noticed any tone loss and the fact it powers all my other pedals is a plus.
Tony

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
Great tuner! I don't take any chances with signal loss; the Valvulator preserves it beautifully.

J

jisham

I have one on my pedalboard too. But like Lure555, I use a Valvulator too...no tone loss. :)spin

Greystoke

These are great tuners to have in a pedalboard - I love mine. But any pedal without true bypass switching will alter your tone. I use an a/b box to switch my guitar signal between my rig and the tuner.

Greystoke