• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Has Dan ever posted or replied here recently?

MWR

Just wondering, I have not seen a post or a reply for a long time? :hmm

reswot

He posted when he took offense about something a couple of months ago, but he's not posted regularly here, in quite a while.

Makes me wonder why this section even exists anymore; it could be merged with the tech area. That's not a criticism of Dan. I know he's busy. It's just an observation.

MWR

I agree he is an industry icon...but it is a little mis-leading since there is never a post or a response. :wah

garywright

yes ...sadly, this section really should go beings Dan does not participate but every couple months ..plus there is an active tech area already where the same members who help here post there as well.

MWR

If it was me....it would bother me that my name is listed as a "host" knowing full well that I will not be responding.

Dan Erlewine

Hey folks: I have not posted much here for ages. No reason than just got busy, fell out of the habit, and you know how that goes. I've often wondered why Lily keeps my space open, and have felt guilty at times for not being active.

I'm still a guitar man for sure and it still is my focus. For the past 4 years (at least) I've been playing as much as possible which is great because that's what got me into the biz in the first place.

I will take some current photos of stuff I'm working on, and get a post up here real soon. (Maybe I'll start posting on a regular basis). I do know that a member, Dave P, asked Lily about me not posting and wondering why I have the space.

It won't hurt my feelings if I'm removed, but I don't mind still "being here".

I'm going to go punch in to a couple of the forums now and see who I remember.

See you soon! Dan

J.D.

Hey Dan, thanks for posting and welcome back, I really dig your StewMac articles and step by step videos, etc. :)

Dan Erlewine

Thanks, JD. I'm always glad if something I wrote or filmed helps a person out. By StewMac "articles" you must be referring to the Trade Secrets emails — Trade Secrets is currently the most-fun thing I do. Trade Secrets is probably one good reason that I dropped out of the LPF since it is my baby and I'm the editor. It's kept me busy for a good part of the last two years almost.

Trade Secrets had almost a 10 year run in the SM catalogue — before the internet came along — and eventually made way for more products (which made sense, of course). Then, almost 10 years later TS came back in its current form — one that I hope subscribers find both informative as well as a little bit entertaining — that's the fun of working on them for me.

Dan

J.D.

Based on your articles and videos, I have purchased quite a few new tools (from StewMac of course) and improved my repair techniques both by learning new ways to do old jobs and taking on more complex jobs, so I thank you again. :salude

Hopefully we will see you stop by more frequently :jim

stompbox

I agree, I love the trade secret emails!

I personally have been much more focused on home improvements over the last 4 years or so than guitar improvements... but the light is at the end of the tunnel and I am looking forward to reviewing those emails again soon and putting them to use.

I also do miss the great threads in here that you created in the past. To see the works of a visionary brings hopes to many hacks like myself.

garywright

Hey folks: I have not posted much here for ages. No reason than just got busy, fell out of the habit, and you know how that goes. I've often wondered why Lily keeps my space open, and have felt guilty at times for not being active.

Hey Dan ...now I feel bad, it is a pleasure when you do visit ! :salude

hardingfele

thank you sir dan...
i was one of the people who bitched on the forum and wrote to liy
about the matter too.
i tried to be respectfull about it because i was one of the legions of people who had my start in this beautiful pasttime with your stellar educational work.
good to hear that you are playing often these days and that you enjoy yourself !
i have at this point no questions of my own, but am glad to see you back in the forum, welcome back!
now dont go falling out of the habit again right quick (-; h.

jcs

Dan, I have saved all Stew-Mac emails!

Thanks for sharing!

Dan Erlewine

Don't feel bad about telling the truth, Gary! You put me back in touch with the Forum (and Lily — I've missed them both). Now I must find something worthwhile to post about. I've been pretty deep into playing acoustic guitar the past couple of years, and am trying to get our so-called band "Dogtown" into getting together for some music-making. That will be electric playing. I wonder what I'll play, my Les Paul or my "Rockin' Chair". If I can remember how to post a photo I'll paste a couple pics here at Dan's Guitar Shop. Thanks, Dan