• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

!956 Special (Pics and clip)

mtlin

I'd like to show off my new-to-me 1956 LP Special that I bought from Phil at Maverick Music. I had the frets replaced and now it's back home.

I've posted this clip before, but here is how she sounds:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8184426

Here is how she looks:

Special001.jpg

Special012.jpg

Special006.jpg

Special003.jpg

Special005.jpg

Special010.jpg

tuberide

Was the clip done before or after the refret? Beautiful tone and one clean special. I want one. :wow

bluesforstevie

FRICKIN' INCREDIBLE!!!

I want it!!! Great tone and playing...love that middle position chirp!!!!

mtlin

Was the clip done before or after the refret? Beautiful tone and one clean special. I want one. :wow

The clip was done before the refret. It plays amazingly well now.

p.s. I think I bought a guitar from you on Ebay a few weeks ago, a Peter Florance LP. I saw a photo you posted of it here so I put two and two together. I'm loving it.

MapleFlame

How does it compare after the refret in sound and tone. I am sure a lot easier to play than those tiny frets.

mtlin

How does it compare after the refret in sound and tone. I am sure a lot easier to play than those tiny frets.

I haven't noticed any change in tone. To be honest, I didn't have it all that long before I sent it to the shop, so I might not notice if the tone changed slightly. But I have done refrets where I felt that the tone changed, or at least the feel as it relates to tone (if that makes any sense), but not this time.

tuberide

The clip was done before the refret. It plays amazingly well now.

p.s. I think I bought a guitar from you on Ebay a few weeks ago, a Peter Florance LP. I saw a photo you posted of it here so I put two and two together. I'm loving it.

Glad to hear that Martin. :salude

blewsbreaker

That's a beauty...you're gonna love it. I think Specials are one of the most versatile guitars on the planet. That middle position sound is just to DIE for... I just can't put down my 57'....

:salude

JIMI55LP

Very clean finish, you can see the checking has no grime in it and looks like cracked glass. The guitar looks like it wasn't played very much, were the frets worn or did you just want the larger fret? It looks and sounds great, thanks for posting.

mtlin

Very clean finish, you can see the checking has no grime in it and looks like cracked glass. The guitar looks like it wasn't played very much, were the frets worn or did you just want the larger fret? It looks and sounds great, thanks for posting.

Thanks! The frets were indeed worn out on the lower positions. But I would have moved to the larger wire anyway.