• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New LP "Tribute"

zombiwoof

I think the best it could have intonation-wise is what ES-225's used to have in the 50s. A straight bar, with a slight angle. I don't think it is deceiving to sell them. People who are interested in this model in the first place ought to be aware of the history of this bridge design.

Exactly what I'm saying, it should at least be at an angle, in order to intonate. The old wraparound bar bridge/tailpieces were installed at an angle. The Lightning Bar bridges were mounted straight, but had ridges on top to allow the intonation of the different strings. If this thing is a straight bar with no ridges on top, I don't see how it can even get close to being intonated. I'm sure that the guitar was made to intonate to some extent, I just want to know how.

Al

Ktulu

Hey,
Thought I'd fill in with my own piece.
About the intonation... It really does intonate well enough, thought I wasn't gonna admit this, to let you play alright.
Of course, the only string that can't be intonated 100% is the G, everyone might imagine that. But the tuning device only senses it from fret 15 onwards.
And of course I went, like, dang! How can that be?? Right?
I'm thinking it has to do with the shape of the bridge itself. It has the same natural curvature as the fretboard, and so the offset [of the scale length] between the high & low E is only about 2 mm, whereas my others do have about 5-7 mm.

P.S.: I have a mint one, guys!!!

Last edited: