• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I need a favor

MattD1960

A local amp builder heard me play and offered to build me any amp I want , and tweek it to my exact specs once its done for FREE as long as i sign somethin with him to only use his amp when my band plays live

I NEED the schematic for a bluesbraker iam gona get it in a head box but w.e i just want a bluebraker from him but with a few tweeks maybe a master volume not sure yet but can anyone get me the schematic for a JTM45

modoc_333

this may sound harsh, but if he's worth anything as a builder....well.... he shouldn't need you to track down a J45 schematic.

rufes

Formerly dmartinez
this may sound harsh, but if he's worth anything as a builder....well.... he shouldn't need you to track down a J45 schematic.

Good point but probably Matt never mentioned he wants a copy of a JTM45

MattD1960

yea i talked to him more today and he told me he can build a JTM 45 in his sleep acctally haha i should have told him what i wanted

Black58

DO NOT sign ANYTHING without a fuckin' REPUTABLE LAWYER!!! Period.

MattD1960

I plan on but really how much can go wrong iam just gona use his amps to play live and its potentially just a JTM 45 Head with some of my own personal tweeks

I told him i wont sign anything till i play throught the amp with all my guitars to make sure i really dig it too so iam trying to make sure its all coverd but thanks for the advice guys

Thats why I love the LPF

modoc_333

what could go wrong? you have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
make sure you have a lawyer. and hopefully advice from someone familiar with these types of deals.

MattD1960

um is it cool if i post a link to my bands my space here i dont wanna brake any rules

Pearly Grapes

Be sure there's a time limit, or expiration to the deal. Maybe one year with the option to renew.
Will you *own* the amp?
PG

Diablo1

You don't need a lawyer, but just make sure you have a clause in the contract stating that you can use another amp if his amp doesn't work properly - as determined by you. For example, on the day of a gig, his amp blows a transformer, and he says he can get it fixed in three weeks. You need to be able to use another amp while his amp is being repaired.

MattD1960

thanks for digging unhinged it was all played with

SAYS quietly a tele. and a music man HD 130 4x12 its a good rig nothing in the way no FX at all