• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

symon

A real beauty, Mark! Unreal top carve! Some don't like that tobacco color but I think it kicks ass!

... just when I was getting happy with my G0 again!!!

Rev.WillieVK

#47 is killer: plays great even with .011s, great neck feel, sounds wonderful, and has a bunch of tiny tweaks that I wouldn't have expected from Gibson these days. Based on this one, I'd say tthe 50th Anny's are truly something special IMO. :dude: :yah :dude:

kthesheep

#47 Just an absolute beauty:salude:

510289729_co72M-O-2.jpg
510276528_4NJ3o-L-1.jpg
510276503_qTsNh-L.jpg
510276517_JbN2h-L-1.jpg
510276486_DFzfy-L-1.jpg
510276573_UQ3HS-L.jpg

510276471_VGWqL-L.jpg
510276614_4iZwP-L.jpg

Mark Kane

All Access/Backstage Pass
Here's some more pics from #47's Easter weekend adventure. With an old relative.... This '58 is the bomb!!! Dickey Betts could do this fiddle proud.

09_50th_compare.jpg

09_50th_compare_3.jpg

09_50th_compare_2.jpg

Last edited:

DoubleBoogie

Great shots Mark! I agree with you about your impressions of that board. :salude It is really cool to see the shots of yours next to that awesome 58. :headbange

Mark Kane

Turn the hose on me why don't ya Charlie!!:rofl :rofl Comparing a historic, no matter how cool to a real '50's burst is a fools errand!! But of course ya gotta try anyway. This burst is totally badass. The neck tones sound so much like Dickie Betts' old Goldtop that it was scary. You know that fat flute tone on the high strings but, the low was still clear as a bell. And the bridge tone really brought instant Page to mind.
My historic didn't do that!!:hee The historic was louder though and had more figure in the top, I'll give it that!!
Seriously, if you get nitpicky and compare indivdual traits you can get the historic kinda close. In the end though, the burst is just so all encompassing in what it does that you gotta just learn to dance with the one that brung ya.

CharlieS

:rofl

I couldn't resist ... that was a loaded question--especially on the neck tones. It's still fun to try, though. Now, to get some steel studs and new pickups. :salude

kthesheep

Turn the hose on me why don't ya Charlie!!:rofl :rofl Comparing a historic, no matter how cool to a real '50's burst is a fools errand!! But of course ya gotta try anyway. This burst is totally badass. The neck tones sound so much like Dickie Betts' old Goldtop that it was scary. You know that fat flute tone on the high strings but, the low was still clear as a bell. And the bridge tone really brought instant Page to mind.
My historic didn't do that!!:hee The historic was louder though and had more figure in the top, I'll give it that!!
Seriously, if you get nitpicky and compare indivdual traits you can get the historic kinda close. In the end though, the burst is just so all encompassing in what it does that you gotta just learn to dance with the one that brung ya.
Well put!

I was impressed with #47:3zone

burstone

I had to do it!! I really had no interest in one of these until I played one at the local GC. That one got sold but they were kind enough to ship two more in for me to try, a Tobacco and a Cherry. You see here the winner. After I thought about it I had to get one of these. A Les Paul has been my favorite guitar since first hearing Bloomfield with the Butterfield Blues Band and after playing 3 of these I'm convinced that this run does have a little something extra that I like. They feel a lot like an old guitar and play a lot like one too. For a lifetime LP lover like me how could I not get one!! I'm tired of buying, shipping, selling and then shipping these things all over the world so I'm officially done!!!

09_50th_10.JPG

09_50th_3.JPG

09_50th_15.JPG

09_50th_6.JPG

09_50th_13.JPG

09_50th_14.jpg

09_50th_16.JPG

I LOVE ME SOME TOBACCY BURST!!! :dude: :dude: :dude:

Mark Kane

I know it's old history but, I just gotta say, this is still heads and shoulders the best sounding guitar I've ever owned!!!:salude

DoubleBoogie

I know it's old history but, I just gotta say, this is still heads and shoulders the best sounding guitar I've ever owned!!!:salude

Glad you're still digging it Mark. :salude Great to see your killer photogrpahy shots again too! :headbange