• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Only $476,000.

Joe Ganzler

I have looked at probably100 and bought and sold several dozen bursts over the years.I have always said the prices can not get higher.The guitars always prove me wrong.You hit peaks and valleys when the general economy is bad and they sometimes take some big dips due to supply[when Costa dumped 50-60 on the market at once] but every time i have bet against the Bursts i have lost.They come back stronger than ever.I think now is a great time to buy a burst if you have the funds.I think in time the best of these guitars will only be in museums and very rich collectors collections.Just my opinion but i have bet against the bursts rising prices on and off for 30 years and i end up losing every time i have bet against these amazing guitars.Mike B.:wah:rofl:rolleyes:

Well said! If history does ANYTHING it generally repeats itself!:ganz

L

loufed52

Strad to Burst comparisons are not valid.

Most violinists have believed that they were the best (or among the best) violins for hundreds of years.

Bursts were never considered the best guitars, except to a few guitarists (mostly here).
I think that if you posed the "Best guitar available vintage or modern" question to a group of guitar players (outside this forum) a very large percentage of them wouldn't pick any LP, vintage or modern.

In one of the current guitar magazines there is a gathering of modern "guitar heros" and not one of them is pictured playing a Gibson of any kind, let alone a LP.
It is very likely that the number of guitar players that want a burst because they believe that it's the most desirable guitar will decline as time goes on.
That does not mean that they won't be very valuable, but will they experience the same rate of appreciation?
I doubt it.