• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Come on in my kitchen..

Lapen_9

Wow!
From this moment it's one of my favorite thread.
I'd like to share my happiness with you. I've bought a small grill for my kitchen. My Weber may cook lot's of things. All the weekends I spent together with my grill cooking vegetables, cheese, ribs. So, I made a nice dinner for me and my wife and it was not worth than in a good restaurant.
My question: which souses do you make at home for dinner? Which recipes of souses for meat/vegetables are your favorite?

Last edited:

Triburst

And it deserves a "bump" too!

Come on, Tex and DoubleBoogie. I know you've been cooking something...

Texas Blues

I would post but I don't have a reliable pic sharing site.

Photobucket is dead.

Flickr was junk for me.

I wish the LPF would allow direct uploading from my computer.

officeislove

Banned
after seeing your pictures and reading things on this topic im kinda ashamed of myself and my home ! i mean cmon people !!!!

DoubleBoogie

Not a recipe, but I did want to show off my knife skills. This is a nice little Spanish Mackerel I caught near our Condo in Crystal River Florida. Some people don't care for these, but these size fish when properly cleaned are damn fine eating..especially blackened on my griddle. The only thing I don't use out of this fish is the head and guts. The carcass with the backbone is kept and used for making fish stock. I take a lot of pride in cleaning my fish. There is a small dark blood line that I remove as well. Very little waste on this one.

e7lzN4t.jpg

Bm9JG78.jpg

QbwIozU.jpg

Last edited:

DoubleBoogie

I decided to take the low country classic of shrimp and grits and take it even “lower” from a geographical standpoint....as in south of the border. The shrimp was marinated with lime juice, garlic, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper and then grilled. I also grilled up some corn rubbed in chili powder and then sliced it off the cob. The corn went into a sauce made with sautéed onions and garlic and heavy cream with roasted and diced Hatch green chile peppers and some diced fresh sweet red pepper for contrast and color. The sauce also had some grilled and diced Salvadoran chorizo in it. It’s sort of a cross between regular chorizo and smoked sausage. Sort of a Mexican Andouille. All of this went over organic stone ground Indian corn grits finished with some Mexican cheeses and a little smoked Gouda. Garnished it with fresh diced heirloom tomato and green onion and also serve it with a slice of grilled Ciabatta bread because my local Mexican market where I buy fresh made corn tortillas was out and I was also out of Masa. It turned out muy bad ass anyway!!:yah:salude

8QGPou8.jpg

Triburst

I love Spanish Mackerel.
This time of year (through August), if you go to the Louisiana Marshes out of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, you'll likely see seagulls attacking schools of baitfish that ladyfish and Spanish mackerel have driven to the surface. The water churns white under those birds. You can throw anything shiny into that feeding frenzy, and you'll catch fish immediately. Unfortunately, the ratio is usualy about 5 or 6 two-foot ladyfish for every Spanish mackerel you bring in, so it gets to be work. We throw the ladyfish back, but those Spanish -- if they're cleaned like you just did -- are excellent.
The same "bird fishing" happens off Ship and Horn Island in Mississippi this time of the year as well, but the fish under the birds are usually big redfish -- up to 4 footers. Unfortunately, when they get that big they ALWAYS have worms.

Texas Blues

DB what griddle do you have?

I have a Blackstone 36" and love the hell out of it.

That smack would make tacos most excellente'!

DoubleBoogie

DB what griddle do you have?

I have a Blackstone 36" and love the hell out of it.

That smack would make tacos most excellente'!

That's what I've got too! Last time I used it, I made blackened Flounder on it. It was epic. Triburst, I know what you mean about the Ladyfish. A long time ago my younger sister and I followed a bait ball down the beach at Gulf Shores AL and caught them like crazy using speck rigs until I lost all of my tackle. In case there are those who are unfamiliar, a speck rig is twin 1/8 oz jigs tied on equal length monofilament leaders. I caught them two at a time sometimes. What made this so memorable is that they were the biggest lady fish I've ever seen. I had never seem that big before and I've never seen them that big since. They were between 3 and four pounds each! A few would have been pushing 5 pounds. I will never forget that fishing day!

Texas Blues

That's what I've got too! Last time I used it, I made blackened Flounder on it. It was epic. Triburst, I know what you mean about the Ladyfish. A long time ago my younger sister and I followed a bait ball down the beach at Gulf Shores AL and caught them like crazy using speck rigs until I lost all of my tackle. In case there are those who are unfamiliar, a speck rig is twin 1/8 oz jigs tied on equal length monofilament leaders. I caught them two at a time sometimes. What made this so memorable is that they were the biggest lady fish I've ever seen. I had never seem that big before and I've never seen them that big since. They were between 3 and four pounds each! A few would have been pushing 5 pounds. I will never forget that fishing day!

Oh man!

I got rid of my gas grill.

My Blackstone sits on my dear sweet mothers back porch.

In Georgetown TX and is used for big family get togethers.

Shrimp.

Fish.

Smashed burgers.

It cooks ever 'thang.

Gulf Shores.

I've been following this guy.

I reckon we could catch and cook.

Some mighty fine grub.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kmQ7SZDvkOs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

DoubleBoogie

Oh man!

I got rid of my gas grill.

My Blackstone sits on my dear sweet mothers back porch.

In Georgetown TX and is used for big family get togethers.

Shrimp.

Fish.

Smashed burgers.

It cooks ever 'thang.

Gulf Shores.

I've been following this guy.

I reckon we could catch and cook.

Some mighty fine grub.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kmQ7SZDvkOs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Check out this guy. This guy catches the hell out of big reds all the time! I see my shrimp and grits dish finally showed up on the forum too! Its a few posts up.

Texas Blues

I was going to go over to dear sweet ma's casa manana.

To cook some smashed burgers on the Blackstone.

My sister Dana is an RN.

She was at ma's house yesterday.

But ma called me a while ago and said that my sister was exposed a few days ago to the chinese flu.

So now we are quarantining.

Sucks.

Might have to go to Whataburger drive thru instead.

And get a patty melt.

Which is got dang guud!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S4U3D701bFM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

DoubleBoogie

I was going to go over to dear sweet ma's casa manana.

To cook some smashed burgers on the Blackstone.

My sister Dana is an RN.

She was at ma's house yesterday.

But ma called me a while ago and said that my sister was exposed a few days ago to the chinese flu.

So now we are quarantining.

Sucks.

Might have to go to Whataburger drive thru instead.

And get a patty melt.

Which is got dang guud!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S4U3D701bFM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I LOVE me some Whataburger!!!!

S. Cane

Good morning, everyone. This Saturday’s breakfast was spicy. Made some of my own version of Huevos Rancheros. I fry the eggs with the salsa on top and since I’m not much into tortillas, I leave them to the wife.

E9-A698-F4-B0-FE-4723-8-C59-A1-BCA191-D0-F9.jpg

41-D567-C4-7-F6-F-406-D-B281-59-F3-C4-A75-B83.jpg

Last edited:

renderit

And then got ingloriously ruint by some spam slimeball...

Remember ladies and gentlemen:

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM
VONT PRODUCTS!