• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Come on in my kitchen..

Electric Lloyd

Cholesterol was the magic word for me last Saturday. There wasn't much in the fridge except a few essentials, and I had to use the last of the hamburger pronto. And there was only one egg left. Not enough for an omelette. Why not? Oh look! There's some bacon too!

badidea.jpg

Now that the weather is getting nice again, it's time to get the trusty Weber out. I think I might go with something simple at first. Behold, the Good Livin' Combo Meal!
slawburger.jpg

No ofense, but that's not a meal..... that's a death sentence!:spabout

Texas Blues

I did it up low and slow ya'll for Easter Sunday. Some babybacks. Marinaded for 24 hours, 6 hours in the smoker and finished on the grill. Life is good!

0013-1.jpg

Grilled up some 'peno's, a little asian coleslwaw on the side and cold brewhaha..bon appetito!

0015.jpg

Cheers, TB.

Red Baron

Seriously mate, you should put together your own cook book and tell it exactly as you tell it here... I would buy it. :salude

I was showing my wife this thread and she said if she wasn't already married then she'd marry you!... :peace2

Texas Blues

Seriously mate, you should put together your own cook book and tell it exactly as you tell it here... I would buy it. :salude

I was showing my wife this thread and she said if she wasn't already married then she'd marry you!... :peace2

Thanks RB but I'm happy enough just doing my 'thang. Seems most of the joints I used to gig at had some sort of good grub. Seems like the grungier and bluesier joints always had the best food. Grows on you after a while. I'll leave the foo foo stuff to the cable networks cooks.

Mrs. Blues only keeps me around for cooking anyway. Her ideal man (loaded with cash and close to death) went the way of the dinosaur long ago.

Cheers, TB.

Itsallmuscle

I did it up low and slow ya'll for Easter Sunday. Some babybacks. Marinaded for 24 hours, 6 hours in the smoker and finished on the grill. Life is good!

0013-1.jpg

Grilled up some 'peno's, a little asian coleslwaw on the side and cold brewhaha..bon appetito!

0015.jpg

Cheers, TB.

The color on those ribs is amazing!

DoubleBoogie

The color on those ribs is amazing!

I concur!! I vote that we all get together and write up a petition and send it to Gibson suggesting that this be the next special color run of 59s for 09. We'll call them the Texas Blues Barbeque Burst! Ain't no foo-foo on that name! :applaude

Texas Blues

Got the color on the ribs from mopping constantly with apple cider vinegar, beer, and my own bbq sauce.

Nah...no TB...just BBQ Burst. But wait...Gibson already makes those. Whose got one of those tops. Post it now!

Cheers, TB.

Texas Blues

Hey ya'll. Plenty of chaos and destruction in the Blues Kitchen this weekend. I went on a beer and pizza binge. I have one of those KitchenAid mixer contraptions so making my own dough is pretty easy. Creativity gets flowin' with a few brewhaha's.
The first pizza was brushed with olive oil and garlic and topped with red onion, green onion, capers, mozzarella and goat cheese. I have a pizza stone that I use on my grill on the back porch and it works tres bon!

0061.jpg

Oozy goozy...

0063-1.jpg

Pizza #2 was a chipotle adobo sauce topped with chorizo, mushrooms, red bell, serrano, jalapeno, red onion and mozzarella. Lit me up like a pinball machine on 220v!!

0057-1.jpg

Have lots of cold hosky on standby for this bad boy...

0060.jpg

Worship the grill!!

Cheers, TB.

Triburst

Rock the kitchen! Nice job on those photos, too. :applaude

Texas Blues

Hey ya'll, after a saturday spent playing the LP's for over 6 hours I needed some rejuvenation. Mrs. Blues and I ventured to the local hippy joint (Whole Foods) and picked up some great shellfish eats. Mussels and Puget Sound oysters were just the 'thang.

I sauteed/steamed the mussels in butter, garlic, parsely and white wine. The oysters I decided to grill. Plenty of Dogfish IPA and Pinkus Alt on hand for adult beverages completed the shellfish trifecta.

I turned this....

0095-1.jpg

into this...

0102-1.jpg

and this...

0101-1.jpg

The mussels were succulent and sweet. The oysters with a little lemon and habanero hot sauce...pure sex on a plate!

Get your blues kitchen on ya'll!

Cheers, TB.

Texas Blues

Got down once again in the Blues Kitchen last night ya'll. I sauteed garlic, shallot, minced habanero's, and chorizo. Cooled that and added hungarian paprika, cheddar and jack cheese, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. I stuffed that mix into some nice button mushrooms and into the oven at 400F.

I may have overdone it on the habs as these baby's really lit me up and had me glowing like a set of el34's on 10. Helps to have copious amounts of brewhaha on hand to cool the flames..

Oozy goozy and smokin' hot.

0106-2.jpg

Tasty little bombs...

0107-1.jpg

Get your Blues Kitchen on ya'll!

Cheers, TB.

Bluestar

Please open a restaurant!

Mods, please consider bookmarking this thread.

PatentAppliedFor

Got down once again in the Blues Kitchen last night ya'll. I sauteed garlic, shallot, minced habanero's, and chorizo. Cooled that and added hungarian paprika, cheddar and jack cheese, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. I stuffed that mix into some nice button mushrooms and into the oven at 400F.

I may have overdone it on the habs as these baby's really lit me up and had me glowing like a set of el34's on 10. Helps to have copious amounts of brewhaha on hand to cool the flames..

Oozy goozy and smokin' hot.

0106-2.jpg

Tasty little bombs...

0107-1.jpg

Get your Blues Kitchen on ya'll!

Cheers, TB.

made some of these tonite (minus the massive habanero amounts, inlaws over) they were a hit, thanks =)

Texas Blues

Theres a reason it's called "king salmon". What you have there sir is literally the food of kings! That gets my highest hot blue and righteous rating. Bon appetito.

Cheers, TB.